Hi. I am new here.

Options

I am a 64 with osteoarthritis in both knees. Bone on bone. I have no practical medical help with pain control or anything. I just bumble along. The GPs tell me to loose weight which I know I have to. They give me some physio exercises that I can’t do due to pain. The pain is a separate discussion.

I am now house bound and can walk a short distance with a stick. Fortunately I have a good job hybrid working. I will only get to grips with my arthritis if I take charge now. But I do need proper advice and guidance.

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Hello @Traceyl and welcome to the online community.

Sorry to hear your concerns about knees I am sure others will connect with you soon with the same or similar issues.

I would however insist on more help and support from your doctor/consultant.

The following link maybe of interest to you…

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/exercising-with-arthritis/exercises-for-healthy-joints/exercises-for-the-knees/

Best wishes

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Traceyl
    Traceyl Member Posts: 10
    Options

thank you for your reply. Last month I wrote a letter to my GP practice on their lack of support and lack of caring. I am still waiting for a response!!

Much of the time I am in a lot of pain. I can hardly walk like now. Trying to deal with this pain makes my bipolar worse and I just can’t cope.
    I am so glad that I can get support here. It will make a difference to me I am sure.
    regards Tracey

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

hi @Traceyl

I hope you get a response soon and I hope you kept a copy of your original letter. Admin was my forte when I was working and I wold suggest:-

I would suggest that you write again to the surgery, copying in the practice manager and enclose a copy of your original letter. In your second letter you need to inform them that this letter has been sent recorded delivery so you can acknowledge receipt. You also need to say that you require a response to your original letter, either by phone and followed up by a written letter of confirmation or a written letter of confirmation and that if, they do not reply to you you will forward your complaint to your local health authority complaints department and cc your member of parliament. That should get some movement from them.

Good Luck

Trish xx