Recommendations for a new mattress

Options

I have recently been diagnosed with lumber spinal osteoarthritis and am thinking about a new mattress that will give me better support. I've been looking around and ones that seem to fit the bill are very expensive (I've been looking at the Emma range) so I wondered if anyone has recommendations from their own experience?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Nurina
    Nurina Member Posts: 285
    Options

I bought a mattress from Emma during a flash sale and it costed me half the price. At the beginning it was very hard but once I used several days, my back and my sleep improved a lot.

• Traceyl
    Traceyl Member Posts: 10
    Options

I bought a double medium from Mattressnextday. It was not so expensive as Emma etc. £260. I also got better pillows and my sleep is much better. I also have sleep apnoea so have masks as well.

• Hairobsessed123
    Options

tempur bed !!!

• JPT
    JPT Member Posts: 130
    Options

Dormeo memory foam is brilliant. Look for a good deal on the annoying TV adverts.

• CarolineB
    CarolineB Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have a really good wool mattress, but when I can’t stand my husbands snoring and migrate to the spare (grandkids ) room I have an Emma mattress, it’s good and firm but soooo hot!!! Ended up getting a wool topper from Devon Duvets, it’s better but not as good as our wool mattress that yes, cost a fortune, but worth every penny. My advice would be to start putting money away until you can afford one, if you were choosing between pain or no pain you would maybe look at it differently?

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Hi @Rosehill welcome to the online community apologise the welcome is so late.

I see you have already had some people's tips and just want to add this thread:

Hope you can get something to suit you.

Best wishes

Ellen.