Grounding Sheets for Pain Relief

Hi.
Has anyone heard of a ground or earthing mat or sheet? I understand they are effective for joint pain. A small sheet that is connected to the earthing point via your sockets. They apparently don’t use electricity and work even if the socket is turned off. I have had one recommendation and am thinking buying one for my mum to help reduce arthritic pains. Has anyone here got first hand knowledge?

Tagged:

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,196

Hello @call3n and welcome to the Online Community.

This is not something I've heard of before but mat be other members on here will have tried it. Like so many of the complimentary treatments they work for some people and not for others so so long as it's not too expensive always worth trying. I hope it works and provides some relief.

You could take a look at our website if you haven't already done so. It contains lots of information on arthritis, treatments and hints and tips. https://www.versusarthritis.org/

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

That does sound a bit weird to me I'll ask my husband what he thinks (he's an electrical engineer)

I have however heard of weighted blankets/sheets and was vaguely thinking about getting one.

The idea of being plugged in sounds scary to me.

My policy on alternatives is if it does no harm and i can afford it I might try it.

If you do give it a go would you feed back? I'd be so interested.

Good luck

Toni x

• kevpo
    kevpo Member Posts: 6

Hi, just saw your post. I have had my grounding sheet a couple of months and although initially I was sceptical I can definitely say my arthritis pain has subsided, my health overall seems to have improved, and the only thing I can attribute this to is the grounding sheet.

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,733

@call3n you have had a reply to your query see post from @kevpo

Ellen.