27 had arthritis from the age of 12

hello my name is James I am 27 years old and have had arthritis from the age of 12 I had a football accident when on a school trip but they put my foot back in to place and said they can’t send me home as it was 4hours away and had 4 days left on the school trip then sent me on a 3 hour walk in the woods with a group didn’t care that I couldn’t walk or put any weight on my foot but was told it would be fine only to come home and be told that at the age of 12 I had arthritis it was really hard I don’t have anyone that I can really talk to that would understand what it’s like I have currently been in bed for 3mouths as both my knees are swollen I have had them drained so many time but this only lasts so long and for anyone that has had it done knows how painful it is it’s never fun I am currently on my 3ed different at home injections and they seem to help but not as much as I would like just wondering if anyone know of anything that might help or an itam they have that works for them I am currently taking pain killers every 4hours everyday just to be able to get though the pain

Please if anyone could help would appreciate it or if anyone is looking for someone to chat to would love to have someone to talk to

Thanks

James

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 385

Hello @JamesR97 and welcome to the online community.

Sorry to hear your concerns about your arthritis and the pain you have been through since a young age.

The following link may be of help…..

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/

Keep posting I am sure others in the same or similar position will be in touch soon.

Best wishes @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 483

Hi @JamesR97 the first thing you absolutely need is a hug {{}}. Meanwhile I wouldn't entirely know but arthritis sends me to bed regularly.

Being young you might not notice everything thats happening to your system.

One thing I picked up thought was if I am lying down there isn't much happening. Muscles can waste away and its not something I want to happen, so I chose to deliberately do some wake up stretching (like yawning and waking up) to keep things in trim better. No idea if it works but it feels ok.

In the early days it made the aches and pains feel worse and wish I hadn't bothered, but there are other times where I still do it now, where it feels right.

I looked it up today and found out its called pandiculation.