Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Help us improve our website, chatbot and online community
We’d love your help to improve our digital services. It’s important to us that our website, chatbot and online community continue to support and provide information people with arthritis in the right way. We’re excited to be doing research to understand more about what’s working for you and what’s not so we can continue to improve what we’re doing.
You don’t need to be familiar with our digital services or a digital native to take part. The research will take one hour and will be run by a research consultancy SnapOut. Simply fill in the survey below to get involved. Together, we can continue to do more for people living with arthritis.

Fill in this survey to take part

Incapacity/ DLA

tjenny54321tjenny54321 Posts: 64
Are Incapacity benefit claimants treated the same way regarding the new rules to get people back into work? None of of us should be pressured but after the 3 year fight to get DLA I don't want another fight with them.

Comments

• bertyboybertyboy Posts: 2,052
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi i am just in the situation of applying for the new benefit as my SSP is just coming to an end its quite a worrying time as i had problems in 2005 after i had had a hystorectomy after being of work for a year due to severe animia due to being a woman , i was told by a tin pot assesser that i should be back to work 7 weeks after i had had my op , i did appeal and won but still went back to work as soon as i was fit . but with all the new stuff about benefits i think i might have a fight on to get it in the first place ,as my body wont let me work at the moment , so i will let all know how it turns out , {hugs may}xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • livinglegendlivinglegend Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Are Incapacity benefit claimants treated the same way regarding the new rules to get people back into work? None of of us should be pressured but after the 3 year fight to get DLA I don't want another fight with them.

The new rules aren't published until Jan 2009 and don't come in until 2010/11, so there is no need to worry at the moment. :D

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif