Feeling really upset by comments!

Options
2»

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ok, it sounds like we have quite a team together. I like the A team name is that A(rthur) team? See you all at the school gates at 3.30 for the slow stampede!! :lol:
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Try not to take it to heart, I get this often, last time i went to asda i pulled in a disabled bay and the **** of abuse I got off some fella who told me he had been waiting for the spot to come available, I'm sorry mate but first come first served, then I went to the Yorkshire Bank with my nephew who is 13 and the cashier said he was too young to have a cashcard and told me to wait while someone spoke to me, as there are no seats at the helpdesk or anywhere downstairs in the building I sat on the stairs that lead up to a seating area, yet the office of the person i needed to speak to is on the ground floor where i was sat??????? hope this makes sense.
    Anyway after 10 minutes of waiting a clerk of the bank came down the stairs, there was plenty of room for a fit abled body to pass, in fact there was room for 2, and she asked me to stand up and not to sit on the stairs, I told her as there are no seats down here what am I supposed to do, she said go upstairs, I said walking is difficult I'm not going up to be called back down again, and then said if the bank issued the proper cards then i wouldn't be sat here at all. Then the manager came and told me to go upstairs, i refused, then someone in the queue started mouthing at me, as I was losing my rag, he said he had headache, I told him if I got up he would have more than headache, even though he was 6 foot and built like a rugby player, I was blazing, eventually they called my nephew I got up an was told to go to the front of the queue where the cashier who originally took the card would sort the problem out, she gave my nephew his card back and said sorry he is entitled to have a card!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you imagine how livid I was, I turned and gave the whole bank a bit of God save Ireland, then told my nephew to close his account and go to the Halifax, I have never been treated as bad in my life, I should have reported them for being disabled unfriendly... :oops: :oops: :D
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    edited 2. Feb 2009, 09:56
    Options
    luckybug wrote:
    Try not to take it to heart, I get this often, last time i went to asda i pulled in a disabled bay and the **** of abuse I got off some fella who told me he had been waiting for the spot to come available, I'm sorry mate but first come first served, then I went to the Yorkshire Bank with my nephew who is 13 and the cashier said he was too young to have a cashcard and told me to wait while someone spoke to me, as there are no seats at the helpdesk or anywhere downstairs in the building I sat on the stairs that lead up to a seating area, yet the office of the person i needed to speak to is on the ground floor where i was sat??????? hope this makes sense.
    Anyway after 10 minutes of waiting a clerk of the bank came down the stairs, there was plenty of room for a fit abled body to pass, in fact there was room for 2, and she asked me to stand up and not to sit on the stairs, I told her as there are no seats down here what am I supposed to do, she said go upstairs, I said walking is difficult I'm not going up to be called back down again, and then said if the bank issued the proper cards then i wouldn't be sat here at all. Then the manager came and told me to go upstairs, i refused, then someone in the queue started mouthing at me, as I was losing my rag, he said he had headache, I told him if I got up he would have more than headache, even though he was 6 foot and built like a rugby player, mind you he met his match with this 5 foot 4 woman with PMT and a body full of steroids, I was blazing, eventually they called my nephew I got up an was told to go to the front of the queue where the cashier who originally took the card would sort the problem out, she gave my nephew his card back and said sorry he is entitled to have a card!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you imagine how livid I was, I turned and gave the whole bank a bit of God save Ireland, then told my nephew to close his account and go to the Halifax, I have never been treated as bad in my life, I should have reported them for being disabled unfriendly... :oops: :oops: :D
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    If we are the A team can I be Face the mad one so who is going to be the other members BA Hannibal and cant remember the other name sorry memory gone now where was that mission oh yes school gates 3.30 and a slow stampede with littlelegs
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi nearlyb,
    hope you are feeling better now after your encounter with that ignorant woman. Intruding herself into your car was def out of order I think. Hope you've been getting some sleep - it's amazing how emotional and reactive it makes me when I'm tired, and things which I normally wouldn't even notice make me want to cry. I guess we're all like that. So look after yourself, you know you're strong inside and maybe explain next time just what "y'know" means to you!
    JeanP :)
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hey there A team!! Its good to know I have someone to back me up!!
    Hi Jeannie
    I am feeling a bit stronger emotionally at least! I slept quite well last night, only up once for painkillers! I have decided to let it go. I have enough to worry about without getting stressed at the school gates. I`m sorry you had such an ordeal in the bank. Jobsworths no doubt!! :shock:
    If I need the A team again I will put a call out, oh! and I don`t fancy being Mr T: I don`t suit a mohican!!!
    NB
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    I am so sorry you experienced this, my thoughts were running along the lines of...you feel so weak that you stagger into her car, dropping the house brick, which you just happen to be holding over your head at the time, onto her windscreen :lol:
    Though I would perhaps ask her if she would be taking advanced driving lessons in the near future as this would help her to be able to turn her car within appropriate parameters.
    Or...in future be ready for her...do not smile in return ...do not converse and when asked by any one why...tell them she is a bigoted git who does not deserve your friendship. Linda
  • dollydaydream
    dollydaydream Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey there A team!! Its good to know I have someone to back me up!!
    Hi Jeannie
    I am feeling a bit stronger emotionally at least! I slept quite well last night, only up once for painkillers! I have decided to let it go. I have enough to worry about without getting stressed at the school gates. I`m sorry you had such an ordeal in the bank. Jobsworths no doubt!! :shock:
    If I need the A team again I will put a call out, oh! and I don`t fancy being Mr T: I don`t suit a mohican!!!
    NB

Hiya, nearlybionic I agree . Can I please join the A team toooooo. (only when you need it of course. Be prepared. Girl guide motto an all that.) ( not ignoring the men of course. Be prepared is that Scouts motto too.) LOl this is now getting daft. :roll: :roll:

I just wrote a fabulously interesting post about your encounter with carwoman then promptly lost it all by using the back button on PC. GGRRR well praps its for the best. Yes let it go sez me who was about to tell you what happened to me many many moons ago --I need to let that go also.
    :idea: Lets all smile sweetly at dopey people who say stuff that upsets us, rise above the tactless ones who say "well -- you look alright to me." or "youve been lucky, I couldn't tell that you had had a stroke, it must have been mild" Yes it was said to me. They will never know how ignorant & hurtfull that was.
    Lets Offer to share the painkillers that keep us going in a semi normal way. Lol ok I realize we all could get locked up for drug trafficking (spell :?: ) or for looking inane {sweetly smiling at all & sundry}
    think I'll stop now my meds are taking over my sanity.
    Ha :D wishing all a peaceful weekend luv Dolly :shock:
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Dolly
    Please join our A (rthur) Team!! We all need a bit of back up at times!! (Those fools!)
    I must admit though I couldn`t give up my meds for anyone at the mo. Have just popped 3, only 6 more to go tonight!! Its a pity the docs don`t stamp our foreheads with the name of our ailments to allow the ignorant many to know what ails us without insulting us!!! :lol:
    Have a nice (painfree?!) weekend xx
    NB