Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

achy neck keeping me awake

suncatchersuncatcher Posts: 2,174
edited 1. Feb 2009, 16:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have you got any suggestions on pillows to help a achy neck and shoulders so I can get comfy in bed I got no sleep last night and this is becoming a problem has any one any ideas on what i could get to help even in a small way. Im quite worryed I have done something permanant I cannot sit comfy eather dont know what to do with my self it hurts I do a lot of things to distract me from pain ie music films ect but I just want comfort any help would be appreciated thank you from Joanne price
Joanne

Comments

• pluggathomepluggathome Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Have you got any suggestions on pillows to help a achy neck and shoulders so I can get comfy in bed I got no sleep last night and this is becoming a problem has any one any ideas on what i could get to help even in a small way. Im quite worryed I have done something permanant I cannot sit comfy eather dont know what to do with my self it hurts I do a lot of things to distract me from pain ie music films ect but I just want comfort any help would be appreciated thank you from Joanne price

Hi Joanne

I changed to a memory foam pillow and find these much better than the normal pillows.

I have no RA problems in my neck (that I know of, it seems you can't trust arthur) but was suffering with my neck and this change helped.

There are many different types too so if you are having a good day, amuse yourself around the bed showrooms test driving pillows!

Take Care

Pluggxxx
  • vonskivonski Posts: 1,292
    Hi
    Look on Ikea website they have various height pillows for back, side or front sleepers and those with the kneck cut out a bit for comfort. I think the kneck ones are memory foam. I've used a side sleeper pillow for about a year and still find it comfy.

Good luck in your search.

Love Vonski
  • suncatchersuncatcher Posts: 2,174
    thankyou i will try some ive got to do something soon best wishes from joanne
    Joanne
  • woodiewoodie Posts: 10
    Yes, I have a memory foam pillow for my neck and love it. :) Love Sue
    thanks plugg will get one for myself. I have taken my neck pillow for car journeys to cinema today as i am so uncomfortable and it helped so i think i shall carry it in my bag from now on and get me a memory pillow for the night time from joanne :):):):)
    Joanne
    [THANK YOU I will try the side pillow as my arms and legs ach but not as much as me neck falling apart really also will try memory pillow from joanne
    Joanne