achy neck keeping me awake

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 1. Feb 2009, 16:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have you got any suggestions on pillows to help a achy neck and shoulders so I can get comfy in bed I got no sleep last night and this is becoming a problem has any one any ideas on what i could get to help even in a small way. Im quite worryed I have done something permanant I cannot sit comfy eather dont know what to do with my self it hurts I do a lot of things to distract me from pain ie music films ect but I just want comfort any help would be appreciated thank you from Joanne price
Joanne

Comments

• pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have you got any suggestions on pillows to help a achy neck and shoulders so I can get comfy in bed I got no sleep last night and this is becoming a problem has any one any ideas on what i could get to help even in a small way. Im quite worryed I have done something permanant I cannot sit comfy eather dont know what to do with my self it hurts I do a lot of things to distract me from pain ie music films ect but I just want comfort any help would be appreciated thank you from Joanne price

Hi Joanne

I changed to a memory foam pillow and find these much better than the normal pillows.

I have no RA problems in my neck (that I know of, it seems you can't trust arthur) but was suffering with my neck and this change helped.

There are many different types too so if you are having a good day, amuse yourself around the bed showrooms test driving pillows!

Take Care

Pluggxxx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi
    Look on Ikea website they have various height pillows for back, side or front sleepers and those with the kneck cut out a bit for comfort. I think the kneck ones are memory foam. I've used a side sleeper pillow for about a year and still find it comfy.

Good luck in your search.

Love Vonski
  • suncatcher
    Options
    thankyou i will try some ive got to do something soon best wishes from joanne
    Joanne
  • woodie
    woodie Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I have a memory foam pillow for my neck and love it. :) Love Sue
  • suncatcher
    Options
    thanks plugg will get one for myself. I have taken my neck pillow for car journeys to cinema today as i am so uncomfortable and it helped so i think i shall carry it in my bag from now on and get me a memory pillow for the night time from joanne :):):):)
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    [THANK YOU I will try the side pillow as my arms and legs ach but not as much as me neck falling apart really also will try memory pillow from joanne
    Joanne