Lowest CRP ever ........ but gutted ......

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 6. Apr 2009, 17:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI,

been to see GP nurse this morning. Last weeks' blood results are fab ....... besst I've ever had ........... CRP of 6.6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
best ever previously had been 8 ..... so I am apparently 'normal' for now!!!

however, the dose of MTX I am on (which is performing the above miracles) is not going to be tollerable long term. I have ben on 25mg injections of MTX since just before Christmas, but can seem only to manage 4 weeks before I get an infection, mouth ulcers, cold sores etc, so have to have a break.

So ..... have had to talk to Rheumy nurse about reducing my dose of MTX ....... even though it is working! :(:( Feel gutted.

deosn't help that my depression has taken a nose-dive these last 10 days, so couldn't be at a worse time.

So .................. looks like more fatigue, pain & Stiffness are on the agenda, but with (hopefully) fewer side effects. I do hope that 22.5 mg stays tollerable, otherwise I am stuffed.

sorry to moan, just gutted that there is always a down side to the positives when they finally arrive.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wonkey,
    I am so sorry your in that position and place. I can't say anything except know that one may stay tolerable and the other will pass. (((()))) Cris x
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    bless you for taking the time to reply.

you have your own troubles ....... how is your elderly 'employer' today? no more lifting I hope?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    Well there's a mixed blessing eh?!
    So pleased your CRPs improved so much, so sorry you have to reduce the MTX :roll: Ya Boo!
    Will have to cross everything as Skeizer says in the hope that 22.5 is ENOUGH!!!!
    Good luck and keep us up to date
    Love
    Toni x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonkey,
    Holding and much improved thanks for asking. She is now on Bute and it will take out her liver and kidneys in time but because no one treats them it could be days, weeks or (I so hope) years! Its all in the dark. You know when I first got oa they filled me up with Bute, it's good stuff but because of what it does its been withdrawn for humans and even her's is only 33%! Hey I wonder what the other 67% actually is........... :)

She looks much happier and (probably from both mine and her relief) can get up unassisted! :D I think its a case of both her and my other chief employer have their writing on the wall but it's not neon or flashing yet! The vet comes back in a week and will re-examine and maybe she'll be able to drop down or better still her original 'tablets' will be enough. They are 'safe' and she's probably over done hings and will be ok again when she stabilises! :wink:

You know I hate Arthritis with a venom no one could ever believe. So many people and animals I care about have their lives turned up side down by it! You give Little legs a hug and feel better soon. x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi wonky

I am really sorry to hear that things are not going so well at the moment for you. There is always something isn't there? Hopefully you will be ok on the lesser dosage and as Cris says, the other will pass. I thought that was so well summed up, in three words. Hope littlelegs and hubby are looking after you, as you do them. We all need that extra TLC everyso often. You are held in high regard on the forum - always sensible, helpful and sincere postings.

Sending you cyber hugs,

Chin up,
    Luv
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    I'm with you there Skezier ........... but at least with the arthritis we can have a go at 'arthur' and give him the blame. tougher with other things.

Littlelegs thanks you for the best wishes, & sends you a few wags from her perch on top of a mound of quilts on my bed! that's the life eh?!
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks Toni & Elna ....... your words are much appreciated.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    It looks like a case of good news, bad news!
    I`m sorry you have been feeling down and hope that the reduction in dose of MXT doesn`t cause you too much trouble.
    If you want any help in ganging up on arthur, count me in!! I fed up with him too!
    NB x
  • skezier
    Options
    Nearly,
    If we get an army can I use a cannon to broadside it till its obliterated please? :wink:

Wonkey,
    Very quickly as my employers are ringing for me :roll: Don't forget Artur comes with a suitcase full of other things and can be blamed for so, so, so, much. x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Like the others have said I'm sorry you are having to go through all this, there is always something. Hope you manage on the lower dose, you might be surprised. As Skezier says the other will pass, it just seems to last for ever.

Love
    Vonski x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Maybe your bodies giving you the side effects purely because the dose is just too high and you could feel okay when they drop it - you could even feel better if you haven't got mouth ulcers, infections etc.

I only take 10mg tablets each week and my CRP has dropped to 5 :shock: and I feel wonderful - so don't worry too much, things may not be as bad as you fear.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    kaybee wrote:

Why dont you ask if you can have a depo injection.......Two months after the depo jab at my rheumy appointment
    my CRP was down to 1 - amazing, never been that low
    in 10 yrs or more.

Maybe you could ask about it.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Take care
    Kath

Hi Kath

Nice to see you back on here and posting again :D:D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Wonky, good news about your CRP results but what a shame your problems with MXT injections, that's the way it goes with Arthur, there is always a compromise along the way, will they put you on anything else? love Jaspercatxx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    looks like more fatigue, pain & Stiffness are on the agenda, but with (hopefully) fewer side effects. I do hope that 22.5 mg stays tollerable, otherwise I am stuffed.

I have been on a doseage of 20mg per week MTX for about 9 years and it seems to be just about right. So, I hope that it is the same for you.

Keep taking the medicine p050.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    Just wanted to say I'm sorry your having some problems, hope the new dose will get rid of them but still give you good results.

I've been very glad to read your postings - particularly when I first came on here and was worried - you gave me hope :)

Sending you some cyber hugs (((( ))))

Jackie x
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thank you all so much. I had forgotten just how much it does help when we know that there are others out there who understand and empathise.

you have all made me smile tonight ...... so thank you from the bottom of my heart. :):wink:

kaybee - thanks for the suggestion, but I'll see how things go first, as my joints are ok right now. Unfortunately when I had 3 months of Depo injections before starting MTX they did great things for my RA but increased my depression ..... AND made me eat for England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales .... and maybe most of the Commonwealth countries too :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So I am wary of having any more.

I think Arthur must have a very big suitcase Skezier :lol::lol: but he deserves a bad back at least from lugging round all the other things he brings. :wink:
  • skezier
    Options
    [

I think Arthur must have a very big suitcase Skezier :lol::lol: but he deserves a bad back at least from lugging round all the other things he brings. :wink:[/quote]

Hi Wonky
    Oh please let him NOT have one of those bags with wheels........ :lol: You take care and ((())) x
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    Arthur is absolutely NOT allowed a suitcase with wheels. :wink:

or a trolley to help him :)

or any assistance from others :D

If he manages to find a trolley it will have a wonky wheel which makes him go round in circles. :lol:

His bus stop will always be the furthest away, his train will always be on the other side of the station, his plane will have endless delays and diversions, and if he goes by Taxi i am sure that he will get a surcharge just for being who he is :shock: :wink::wink:

oooooohhhhhhhh! getting carried away with such evil planning. Any other suggestions?
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonkey,
    Could he please be a clay pigeon....... over and over and over again.......... :D Maybe he could have his legs gut off and his arms broken........... I should like to scruff him, shake hime and kick him into orbit....... See how he likes it!!!!!!! When he lands 'slipper boy' can gave him and whats left could little legs eat? Sorry I don't belive in violence but that thing would be an exception..... :wink:
  • mylo
    mylo Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi Wonky

I'm relatively new to RA - diagnosed last summer - and have been on MTX since then, now having 20 mg tablets. My ESR has been going up, was 57 in March, and my rheumy added in sulfa. I've only taken it since last Thursday, but my swelling is going down already! Could you ask for another DMARD to supplement the MTX?

I'm puzzled by my reaction to the sulpha as I've been told it normally takes 3 months to get into the system, but things seem to be improving already!

Have you already tried this sort of combination treatment?

Hope you're doing OK.
    Love Jane x
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks for asking!

well ....... having missed one week of injections, it got to Tuesday last week and had not heard back from Rheumy nurse. Rang helpline and left a message asking what to do that wednesday (25 mg or no injection) as mouth ulcers had gone.

After numerous phone calls back and forth with a different rheumy nurse, and me getting upset on the phone because the consultant wanted me to go to 20mg even though my rheumy nurse had said 22.5 when I spoke to her, she persuaded the consultant to order 22.5mg (phew!) and an order is being delivered on Monday (tomorrow!) but of course that didnt sort last week, so had to go on a 2 hour round trip via train and walking to collect 2 syringes wfrom the hospital pharmacy! that certainly was a day and a half!!!

Last week I got the results of the latest blood tests and they had shot up again (nearly 10 for CRP which is ok I know, but not as good as it was!!! - I want everything :lol::lol::wink: ) but now I have an infection I think , so will have to go to the GP in the morning.

I hate this faffing with doses, infections and everything.

I haven't been offered anything else together with the MTX but will ask the rheumy nurse when I eventually see her - so far the appointment has been cancelled twice :shock:

take care all ((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Sounds like you're still going through it :!: Why can't things ever be straight forward, do the medical team actually talk to each other, I often wonder. Why don't they send the syringe with the meds, am I a bit thick :? No need to answer that one :) Resist the urge to pull your hair out and just keep mogging on :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • mylo
    mylo Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi Wonky

You sound really complicated!! I do hope things improve for you soon.

Love Jane x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    I am sorry things are not as you'd want/hope then to be. I hope you are feeling ok though?
    Take care, and (((())))
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Wonky,
    I am sorry things are not as you'd want/hope then to be. I hope you are feeling ok though?
    Take care, and (((())))

Hi Wonkey
    As if it's not frustrating enough for you , you get the runaround too!
    Really sorry you must be so p**d off! Hang on in there, hopefully they will get you sorted. sending you lots of cyber hugs in the meantime Gillx