hope I am not making myself a nuiance always posting

Options
2»

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I use two walking poles on uneven ground and have done so, even before oa set in. It helps with the balance and stops me tripping up. With a stick its held on the good side, I've been told, but its too ackward for me as my left side is the good side also I have a weak wrist on my left side.

I bought mine after a few incidents, when I nearly fell over. Also, in crowded areas, people are mostly more considerate if you have a stick, which makes life easier! :oops: I find heavy shop doors hard with my weak wrists but as people can't see it they don't know I have a problem, if I have my stick, people often open doors for me! :oops: I suppose this is wrong! Naughty girl!!! :mrgreen: Love Sue
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    kathbee wrote:
    Hi Nick

Hope this isnt a spanner in the works.

I have RA and at my first physio session
    a few weeks ago I was told I wouldnt be
    given a crutch or stick nowadays for
    arthritis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and was asked 'who gave you the
    walking aids in the first place'

My reply - physio :lol:

My take on this being, well let the physio
    try walking around with the pain
    I have and without the help of a
    crutch or stick.
    But did I say it - no I didnt. :roll:

Kath

My physio gave me a stick as I couldn't get on or off buses without it. She did tell me to avoid using it for walking though as it can, apparently, give you a bad back etc. I have to admit I did bring it out when it was icey out as it helped me balance.
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Nick

I am pleased you asked this question because I am unsure too.

lizzie
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Ive heard put the stick on opposite side to pain BUT i dont. Pain worst on my right but it feels odd if i hold stick in left hand.........