Suicidal thoughts

Options
2»

Comments

• harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    whenever you need us, we are here, day or night Pen, you are not alone, i hope you are feeling like you have come over a little hurdle by talking about your feelings, i think that was so very brave of you, i don't know if i could honestly be that open and courageous, well done on that Pen :D. thinking of you, Sally.xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pen,

Glad you posted and I hope you will try and get some help from a councillor as well, they help you to process stuff and some of how your feeling will be down to the shock of the arthritis. You take care and (((( )))) Cris x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Pen

I'm glad you have come back to let us know how you are. I hope of all the posts and messages someone has hit the nail on the head for you and found a course of action you will want to follow. We are all thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts, take care

Eck
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Pen

You have been extremely courageous today. You have made a start and thank you for calling in this afternoon. Tomorrow will not be any where near as bad as today, believe me

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Pennie
    So glad to hear from you!!! So very glad you are posting again.
    Be kind to yourself won't you and remember we are here and we do understand :)
    Love Toni x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hello Pen

I am so sorry that you have been feeling so low. I wonder whether your age has anything to do with the way you feel? 50 is a time of changes with the menopause, and many women get quite seriously depressed at that time of life. It can also account for some weight gain.

It is just a thought, so apologies if it doesn't apply to you. I have had some bad bouts of depression in my life, and it is difficult for my husband to understand when it happens. He also says he feels inadequate to know how to help. Do you think that is perhaps how your partner feels?

I agree with what others have said and hope you will receive some help. It is good that you can talk to people on here too.

Keep holding on, and we are thinking of you,
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hello Pen

I am so sorry that you have been feeling so low. I wonder whether your age has anything to do with the way you feel? 50 is a time of changes with the menopause, and many women get quite seriously depressed at that time of life. It can also account for some weight gain.

It is just a thought, so apologies if it doesn't apply to you. I have had some bad bouts of depression in my life, and it is difficult for my husband to understand when it happens. He also says he feels inadequate to know how to help. Do you think that is perhaps how your partner feels?

I agree with what others have said and hope you will receive some help. It is good that you can talk to people on here too.

Keep holding on, and we are thinking of you,
    Joan

Hi Pen
    Sorry Pen ,didnt visit the site yesteray so didnt see your post. The others have given the good advice but I just wanted to say hang on in there. When you are stuck in that dark tunnel, it seems you just cant see a way through but you will and maybe you will need a bit of help to guide you. Anti d's sometimed help as the others have said but I am also a great believer in cognitive therapy. It just gives you a space to explore your feelings and really understand what is going on and how best for you to deal with it. I have used family therapy in the past when dreadful things were happening in my family and it was a life saver.
    Middle age is hard for most people men and women alike even if they are nt compromised by poor health.
    Constant pain can make you feel so low, BUT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU, there is always someone around on line day and night and we all have a pretty good understanding of living with pain.
    So KEEP POSTING and share your feelings here.
    You take care of yourself
    love Gillx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Dear Pen
    Please don't think like this. I use a stick too and I'm 53 - I was so embarrassed the first time I walked out with my stick. Now I walk out with my head held high.
    I hope the messages of support you've received from everyone will cheer you up. This illness gets you down somedays and I think the medication makes you more emotional. It's difficult when things are not going well in your personal life. Be strong and let us know that you are ok and feeling better.
    Take care and hundreds of hugs to you.
    penfactor wrote:
    Has anyone else here begun to think live is now too awful & hopeless to continue with? I am. I am going to have to leave my job & my partner doesn't want to be seen out with me because I have to use my stick & have put on weight as I can't keep fit like I used to. My life has just been one disaster after another and now at 50 I've had enough of picking up the pieces & starting all over again. I'm serious - I can't take any more
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello Pen,
    Hold on in there and get some help BEFORE you do anything major. Though the other 2 have good suggestions for the use of walking sticks! Lots of feel better thoughts and love Sue xx
  • marief
    marief Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi

To tell you the truth I to have felt like that in the past, times have been very hard and I'm sure everyone at some point in there life will feel pretty low, I dont know how I got myself out of it I think it's having to make the best of what you got.
    Most of the times when I've felt really low was when I had to leave the job I loved I was a hairdresser but the Arthritis got to bad in my hands ,knees and hips could'nt carry on , then the opperations started aged 25 both wrist's fused and tendon surgery in the space of 5 years also had both knees replace and right hip plus put so much weight on I weighed 17 stone.
    then at 30 longterm boyfriend pumped me felt really sorry for myself , started weight watchers class and made few new friends so stared going out hated it at first with people staring at me because of the Arthritis , but throught I've got a right to go out and enjoy life so stuff it .
    Four years later meet james he new all about the Arthritis we've been through some hard times I was in a hospital bed in my front room for 2 years because I was having my ankels replaced and was unable to weight bare he had to take me to the toliet on a comode, do every thing for me and also at the same time our next door
    neighbour marrage broke down and he hit the bottle big time and made our lives hell playing music alnight ,he got evicted 5 month later but it was hard .
    We dont go out much as lost most of our friends over the years I still go to weight watchers and know weigh 11 stone ,
    I use the internet a lot catch to old school friends , and I try to treat myself to beauty treatments at the collage to make me feel better about myself.

Life is hard but just keep talking about it and then you will see how strong you are .

marie
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Hi Pennie (Hope you don't mind the shortened version-I think it sounds nice!) I often don't get on at the beginning of the week so have only just seen your message, but I wanted to see how you were doing. I can add no more to the excellent advice you've already had, but I wanted to add that I too am sending you very best wishes, and to reiterate that everyone is here to support you so please keep on posting. Kind regards, Josie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Pen
    I wonder how you are today :?: I keep thinking of you,and hoping you are feeling a bit more positive. Can you let us know that you are OK :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Pen

Just called in to say hello and say that I am thinking of you and hope you are getting support, sympathy and help now.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • alison67
    alison67 Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Glad you're still hanging in there Pen, my thoughts are with you, hugs n love as well.x
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Hi Pen

Just wanted rather belatedly to add my good wishes to the great advice and support other people have given you on this thread.

I've suffered from depression in the past and have had counselling both one-to-one and in a group. I'm not saying it's what you need right now but do consider it if you don't feel you're improving.

Take care and let us know how you're doing

Wendy
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    greyheron wrote:
    Hi Pen

Just wanted rather belatedly to add my good wishes to the great advice and support other people have given you on this thread.

I've suffered from depression in the past and have had counselling both one-to-one and in a group. I'm not saying it's what you need right now but do consider it if you don't feel you're improving.

Take care and let us know how you're doing

Wendy

Hi Pen
    Just a check in to see how you are getting on. Do keep posting it is helpful to get your feelings out rather than bottling them up. Hope each day the dark cloud is lifting more
    Take care
    love Gillx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Pen

Are you there? I am thinking about you, of course and wondering how the week has been for you.

Sending you loads of cyber hugs

Love
    Elna x

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Pennie
    Just wanted to say hi, and hope you are ok. Glad you posted, it is good to hear from you. I`m always about if you need to chat xx
    NB
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pennie,

I'm with Elna and Nearly and ((( ))) for you and hope the world seems a bit better today. Luv Cris x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Pennie
    Didnt post before as you had alot of good advice and i felt i couldnt add to it, but have been thinking of you and hope your feeling a little better. when your feeling up to it please post again to let us know how you are.
    best wishes
    page

ps i am new to arthur but have sufferd depression in the past, your not alone :)