Arcoxia, Etoricoxib, what and how much?

gettinby
gettinby Member Posts: 29
Hello,
As you may remember I have had all sorts of probs with my GP.
Out of desperation I paid to see a private GP, which gave me a lot more info, great.
HOWEVER.......he prescribed a change of meds which I took to my GP who said no way, to expensive.
On the script it said Exxiv, I have tracked this to a whole range of anti-inflams, Arcoxia seeming to be top of list.
I would like to know if anyone has tried these and moreover, if they are available on script.

Many thanks

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi gettinby

I am a member on the site and I do indeed remember that you were having probs with your gp.

I have been taking Arcoxia (Etoricoxib) 60mg Film-Coated tablets, prescribed by my gp, for a long time now and I get no stomach problems with these. I was on Diclofenac for a couple of years and then started with stomach discomfort so the gp changed my script.

I take 2 of these 60mg tablets daily, in the morning.

Arcoxia tablets are available in 4 strengths, 30, 60, 90, 120 mg.

Hope this info is of help to you,

I wish you well,

Best wishes
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hello gettinby
    Yes i remember your posts, and your living in spain i think. I can offer no advice only sympathy, your doctor sounds like a right prat. Do you pay for your scripts can you get them here in England and do you still have a GP here i dont know what else to say. Take Care
    Colin
  • gettinby
    thanks for your replies,
    elnafinn,
    I was given script for 90mg. I would love to give them a go but it's not looking like I'll be able. However, if you can get them on script in UK I can't see why I can't here.
    Colin,
    I get my scripts free here and don't have a GP in england. You're right, my GP is a double prat with idiot topping so your sympathy is much appreciated.
    I'm not one to give up easy, just a pain having to fight for things when life's hard enough.

Many thanks and all the best.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    Hi gettinby
    I remember you've contacted us before & I'm sorry you're still having such problems with your GP.
    You say you get free prescriptions there - if price is a problem to your doctor would getting a private script from him be an option?
    Just a thought.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • gettinby
    Hi Val,
    The problem is, if my local GP is the only one who can give me a free script, the private GP can't.
    I can't afford to pay for these so I'm stuck.
    My GP is here under duress, he doesn't want to be here, but he has no choice, he's not a happy bunny. Also, I think this is to do with me going to see a private GP, dented ego.
    I shall persevere....as usual.
    Many thanks for your time and help, all the best.