How to complain?

ikesother
ikesother Member Posts: 171
Hi, I wonder if you can advise me. Im currently waiting for a date confirmation for a THR. I had my 1st pre op in Jan, then waiting for beds, a cancellation 2 days before my op as they had an urgent case, then another pre op in April, then sent home from hospital with water infection, no operation :roll: As it stands Ive had to do all the ringing to try and secure another date. I was initially told July 9, now Ive rang today and been told its the 15 and theyre sending a letter this week to confirm. I dont think I can take another delay with all the stress etc, not just for me but my family. If Im let down again, I want to officially complain to the hospital, what do you advise please?

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ikesother

I can only imagine how distressing this is for you. Most hospitals these days have to finish treating you within 16 weeks of you first referral. If you wish to take this further you can contact the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison service) at your hospital to find out what to do.

I hope that helps, but if you would like to have a chat with one of us don't hesitate to give us a call.

best wishes

Simona
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, thanks for your advice. Just to keep you up to date, I had a call fom the hospital admissions chap, who said he had bad news, my surgeon had 2 big cases booked for 15 july and special equipment had been ordered, oh and then my surgeon is on holiday!! I laughed hysterically :lol: So now the date is 5 August. Hopefully. Am I being unreasonable? If I complain now he might do something unpleasant while Im asleep :shock: