Upset Tummy

wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
edited 29. Oct 2009, 18:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
After 2 weeks of indulgent eating and drinking in Florida (I did try to eat healthily but it was virtually impossible!), I've developed a tummy bug I just can't shrug off. Am thinking of missing a day or 2 (no more than that) of taking my anti-inflams and various supplements to give my system a break.

Has anyone else had a similar situation and thought of doing a similar thing?

I'm 43, have RA and am taking 90mg arcoxia and 20mg omeprazole daily.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 29. Oct 2009, 18:09
    Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you as I have OA, so don't take steriods. Just popped in to say welcome!

Sounds like you had a nice holiday, but I'm sorry that you have to suffer for it now. Hope you soon feel better.

Sorry this has come up twice, the site seems to have a mind of its own! :lol:
    Love Sue
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you as I have OA, so don't take steriods. Just popped in to say welcome!

Sounds like you had a nice holiday, but I'm sorry that you have to suffer for it now. Hope you soon feel better. Someone who knows a bit more than me, soon. The site has been down for a bit tonight, so it may not be as quick as usual. :)
    Love Sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Wibberley

Sorry to hear that you have developed a stomach bug after your hols in florida and I hope it soon clears up.

I take arcoxia but not the stomach protector. I see no reason why you should not have a rest from these but I hope you do not suffer with the arthritis more as a result of not taking them. When I have had stomach upsets which is not that often I cannot remember deciding not taking my meds.

Get well soon,

Luv
    Elna x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Wibberley

Another one with oa not ra. Could you ring your Rheumy or Dr. tomorrow and ask them? That way you will be sure.

Love
    Vonski x

Who's Online

1 Guest