Upset Tummy

Options
wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
edited 29. Oct 2009, 18:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
After 2 weeks of indulgent eating and drinking in Florida (I did try to eat healthily but it was virtually impossible!), I've developed a tummy bug I just can't shrug off. Am thinking of missing a day or 2 (no more than that) of taking my anti-inflams and various supplements to give my system a break.

Has anyone else had a similar situation and thought of doing a similar thing?

I'm 43, have RA and am taking 90mg arcoxia and 20mg omeprazole daily.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 29. Oct 2009, 18:09
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you as I have OA, so don't take steriods. Just popped in to say welcome!

Sounds like you had a nice holiday, but I'm sorry that you have to suffer for it now. Hope you soon feel better.

Sorry this has come up twice, the site seems to have a mind of its own! :lol:
    Love Sue
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you as I have OA, so don't take steriods. Just popped in to say welcome!

Sounds like you had a nice holiday, but I'm sorry that you have to suffer for it now. Hope you soon feel better. Someone who knows a bit more than me, soon. The site has been down for a bit tonight, so it may not be as quick as usual. :)
    Love Sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Wibberley

Sorry to hear that you have developed a stomach bug after your hols in florida and I hope it soon clears up.

I take arcoxia but not the stomach protector. I see no reason why you should not have a rest from these but I hope you do not suffer with the arthritis more as a result of not taking them. When I have had stomach upsets which is not that often I cannot remember deciding not taking my meds.

Get well soon,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Wibberley

Another one with oa not ra. Could you ring your Rheumy or Dr. tomorrow and ask them? That way you will be sure.

Love
    Vonski x