another newby

buttercup
buttercup Member Posts: 3
edited 26. Feb 2010, 17:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone
My name is Anne and have finally plucked up the courage to post on the site, 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Sero Positive RA :( I can't say that in all that time I have been in pain etc because it would not be true, I have had years of being in remission and years when things have gone gradually downhill but I do know that as you get older things are harder. I have gained more knowledge and information in the last few months from all your posts on the site than over the last 10 years. :)
Anne.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Anne

Welcome to the forum. It is good to know that since you were diagnosed you have had years in remission but not so good to hear that some years have not been that great either and I am sorry.

This site is brilliant for information and support and please feel free to ask any questions and we will try to help you.

There is always the chitchat zone too which is very lively and popular.

Take care
    Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • buttercup
    buttercup Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your Welcome Elna. :D
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hello Anne,

Welcome to the forum.....really glad you 'plucked up the courage' to join us.....but sorry you have RA and all that comes with it.

Everyone's really friendly and supportive on the forum and I hope you will soon feel that you are part of the family!

look forward to chatting with you. Irisx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Anne welcome to the forum i have r/a and know how difficult it can be, theres allways someone to talk too when you feel up to it pop in to the live chat caffee theres usualy someone around.
    julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Anne,
    Welcome to the forum....or maybe madhouse lol ther will always be someone to answer your question
    Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Anne,

Welcome from me as well, they are a nice lot here. Take care Cris
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hi Anne and welcome!

I was diagnosed with JIA (kiddie RA!) when I was 7, but like you, I've had long periods of remission. Each time it relapses, it's like being diagnosed for the first time as treatment has changed so much.

I am eternally grateful to the person who recommended this forum to me, as I've gained so much more knowledge from the lovely folk here than from any practitioner!

Lois x
  • twinney
    twinney Member Posts: 80
    Hello Anne,
    Just read your post, welcome too from me to this brilliant forum.
    Have just been diagnosed with R/A . The wonderful kind people on here have been amazing!
    All the best
    Regards
    Lynda
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Anne

You are so welcome :D

You may have gained information, but sounds like you will have some for us lot too :)

Lovely to have you on board - welkl done for plucking up the courage :)

Love

Toni x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hi Anne
    Welcome to the best forum eveyone is friendly
    and helpfull.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello, Welcome to the site and I'm glad you are getting some help from it already. I know that I have had lots of help and support, people here have all been through the same sort of experiences at some time, which makes it easier to talk, and the advice is so helpful.

I hope that you will carry on joining in, as I'm sure you have a lot to offer, as well as getting any help you need. I have OA althogh I'm still having tests for a curve in my spine and making sure I still don't have RA! :wink:

Love Sue