Home after op! (eventually)

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 3. Mar 2010, 11:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just a quick note to let you know I have had my hysterectomy op (eventually after last times cancellation!)
I had my op on Tuesday, and came home today. I am sore and tired, and a bit emotional but glad its over. My back is sore after the op and sleeping in awkward positons (well trying to!) but they have been careful with my hips. Which is good news as my THR was 1 year old on the day of my op!
"Hippy birthday to my hip!!"
NB

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi NB,

welcome home after your long awaited op! I'm sure you're greatly relieved it's all behind you now.

sending you gentle hugs and healing thoughts to help you get stronger.

be sure to rest and let others look after you! Irisx

happy hippy birthday too!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nearly,

Glad your home, sending you a ((( ))) and happy hippy birthday. Luv Cris x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi NB

Relieved to hear that you are back home safely after your hysterectomy and the medics were kind to your hips! :lol: It is early days yet and you are bound to feel emotional but things can only get better now. :wink::)

You look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Great to hear it's all over and you have gotten through it. Hope you can take things easy and build up your strength again.
    Good luck, rita :)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Great to know you're home after the long awaited lop....and so pleased they took care of your hips.....Hippy Birthday to your THR
    I was 2 weeks post op yesterday.......a year seems fantastic.....take care of yourself and be good to yourself

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks for your messages. I am feeling a bit sore today, so planning to do very little.
    Re op`s - 2 down 1 to go. I have to see the surgeon in April re my other hip and the PAO. I don`t feel like more surgery this year, but I will see what he advises. I should get a season ticket for `theatre`!!! :shock: :D
    But after this I will be a new woman (I keep saying this, maybe I wil believe it eventually!)
    I have a holiday booked in August, so I keep thinking about this to cheer myself up.
    Have a good weekend x
    NB
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Only just seen this NB. What a brave girl you are!!

Deal with "the here and now", and try not to think about future surgery until you have to. Keep focusing on that holiday instead.......Much love.....Ange.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    pleased you are home take it easy do as told it will all have been worth it in the end xxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Bertyboy- that comment made me smile! I have never been good at doing as I`m told! But I have got the `police` here today (hubby and kids) but tomorrow...... No, I will be good, promise!
    NB
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hi Nearly B.
    I'm so pleased you've had the op at last.
    and then it will be forward to the next one.
    are they putting some thing good on in the theatre
    for you to keep going back.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Hi, so glad to hear it is done and you are home! (Always better being at home in my opinion!) Well done you for getting through it and here's hoping you are back on your feet very soon! Sending get well hugs, Josie xxx
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Hi NB,
    Glad to hear you're home and it's all over. What a brave soul you are! All those ops.! eh!!! well. Take it easy. (((( ))))s
    Dolittle
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi NB
    Its good to hear that you have finally had the op, thats another thing over for you now.
    Take it easy and let the family look after you.
    Denise.x
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Hi NB, have just read your post, a bit late I know! Glad all went well for your latest op, I see you still have a sense of humour, 2 ops down, 1 to go :wink: I hope you dont need another op on your hip yet, you seem to have had your fair share of hospitals for a while! Hope youre taking it easy, and Happy Birthday to your hip, doesnt time fly? take care jk
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi NB

I think the first week after an op is tough with regards to sleeping.
    Try and rest throughout the day. It'll get easier. There's no place like home though. The food was pretty grim in the hospital I was in!
    Happy 1st Birthday for your THR!

Take care.
    Sharmaine

Hi
    Just a quick note to let you know I have had my hysterectomy op (eventually after last times cancellation!)
    I had my op on Tuesday, and came home today. I am sore and tired, and a bit emotional but glad its over. My back is sore after the op and sleeping in awkward positons (well trying to!) but they have been careful with my hips. Which is good news as my THR was 1 year old on the day of my op!
    "Hippy birthday to my hip!!"
    NB