Annie -update

Options
124»

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,436
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you so much for the update Trisher - I think she will be behaving and keeping teh foot up so getting online is a bit of a no-no :(

Annie if you DO get on I am off to see Cris this morning and I will be sure to give her a hug from You as i know you would have asked me to.

Please get well soon

Mising you on here

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    With cellulitis one has to keep the affected leg elevated for some time - johnnyb's leg was propped up for over a month, but then his ran from toes to groin. It does take while to clear but as they got annie's quite quickly hopefully hers will clear more quickly. Oooooh, just realised, this is annie's thread - I'll start again!

Morning annie, I hope you had a reasonable night and that improvement is setting in. Rest that leg, keep it proppped up and rest assured we are all thinking of you. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Annie,

I am sorry its taking so long to go down. I am going to bang on about keeping it elevated as well...... sorry...... its a thing.....

You get better soon and sending you a ((( ))) and a healing draft. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello annie, I hope things are brighter for you today. How about a word? Spoliation. Sounds nasty doesn't it, and it is. Take care - we're all thinking of you. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Annie,

Really hope that leg is a lot better today and gone down a lot now. Do you think you might need another week on antibiotics? Hope you are feeling much better and leaving you a ((( ))) and a bucket of hopes. Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Morning Annie,

So sorry I havent said anything to you for a while. My apologies. I have just seen an article about this in the paper and it doesnt sound at all pleasant. With our immune systems low it is even more nasty so you must take extra special care and take your time recovering.
    I hope you get better soon,

Love Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Annie,

Do you feel that you are winning yet? I know you must be so fed up but you will get there in the end.

Wishing you well,

Lv, Ix
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Keeping our collective fingers crossed that the leg improves soon.

Jean and the forum team(((())))
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    A big THANK YOU to all and specially to Trish for starting this off. DD, hope you feel better soon, Elizabeth, thanks and I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Toni, thank you for giving Cris a hug from me, I hope it was a really huge, tight one!

Ironic, thanks to you.

Jean, I am in need of one ankle warmer, the scratchier the better and preferably in khaki, failing that a kind of dirty biscuit colour. Are you able to oblige?

It is all feeling better and has gone down a great deal. It looks worse now as all the bruising is coming out - I will soon have an ankle and foot to rival Turner's most lurid sunset.

Still hobbling as the infection went round to the sole of my foot and it is still very sore.

Coming off AB's tomorrow, still supposed to keep it elevated and they are going to 'keep an eye' on it. (Quite what good that will do I still haven't fathomed).

I will pop back in a little later on tonight, I will admit it does let me know when it wants to be up again!

Annie
    xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning annie, I hope things are continuing to improve. It does take a while to get rid of the infection, you may well need more anti-bios but my fingers are crossed that you don't! Keep resting. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,436
    Options
    Hi Annie

I did give her the hug

I had a 'list'.

Yours was firm, but not too hard and another was REALLY hard, but no broken bones - she survived it :lol:

Think she loved them all :)

So the anti b's are done for now then??

Bet you been on a waking great does though?? and they will be in your system a while longer.....

So long as they DO keep an eye eh? and straight back on em if needs be eh?

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi to all.............hopefully this will be the last update. The midline is out and the leg and foot is looking a lot better. Still very sore to touch and walk on, but even that is getting better daily. Oh, it's also a frightful mottled purple colour....never one of my favourites!

It was a whacking great dose of AB's, I shouldn't need any more for years (wishful thinking). Got to take it back to the docs at the end of the week or earlier if I am worried about it.

ATM I'm more worried about the weight I have put on over the last three weeks or so..........I don't want to be immobilised again, I'll never get it off! All extra weight with me sits unattractively round my middle and I don't want it.

Annie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Annie
    Its good to see you back with us.....and you will soon back to doing your garden.....hope the ABs have worked and that is the end of that for you.
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Don't make it the last up-date annie, we care! I'm glad the line is out, I hope you have seen the back of the anti-biotics, and I'm sorry your leg is still a funny colour. This infection is nasty and you will have to keep resting your leg for a while. I'm sorry about the weight-gain too - that is very miserable and not at all what a girl needs. The only thing I can offer is 'pilliwinks'. Doesn't that sound a sweet word? It isn't! DD