just had a call

Options
jordansmum
jordansmum Member Posts: 257
edited 29. Aug 2010, 02:28 in My child has arthritis
hi all ,in my last thread i said that i had just come back from jordan's appointment and they gave him xray's and steroids well i have just had a call from his consultant to say that he is organising another mri scan because alot more deteriation has shown on his xray he has now prescribed codiene as well as the steriods so that it will help with his pain :shock: . He wanted my holiday dates as he said he would mark it urgent poor little thing i don't know how much more he can take i hate this desease.

Comments

• andylambs
    andylambs Member Posts: 71
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope the codeine helps with the pain, and that they manage to get the arthritis under control too.

I hate it too. It's a revolting disease at any age but seeing children suffer is the pits.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Jordan'smum

sorry things are so bad for Jordan right now ..... and I really do know what you mean about hating the disease at times ..... but at least he's got a dedicated Rheumy team who are doing everything they can to get on top of things for him

I really hope that the steroids will help a lot .... when I've taken them they have really helped my joints. Unfortunately my body didn't appreciate their side effects so I don't take them now :(

hugs
    WOnky
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi, I hope that the codeine helps and enables Jordan to enjoy his holiday. Had the doc given him meds to counteract constipation as this can be an unpleasant side effect and you don't want to add to his problems. Hope MRI date comes through soon. Arthritis is an evil disease isn't it.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    Options
    cheer's speedy will keep an eye open for the constipation it's a good job he's young and doesn't have to pay for all his meds his baggage allowence will be taken up with all of them lol :wink: