Contact tracing?

Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 28. Feb 2011, 14:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
My consultant wants to put me on anti TNF treatment and gave me the choice of Humira or Enbrel, I went for the former and have to have some tests done before I can start. I had a lung function test done last week which was fine, and today I've to see the Respiratory team at the contact tracing clinic, any ideas what they'll do?
Thanks, hoping you are all as painfree as possible
Poppy X
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have no idea: I had the lung function tests, I think an Xray of my lungs but nowt else. Sorry, I cannot help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Poppy
    I cannot help here either as I am not on those drugs.
    It is a good thing that they are testing you, I also guess it could be xrays.
    Just wishing you luck at your appointment.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    I think it might be the TB 6 needles test to make sure you dont have latent tuberculosis. i know that is one of the tests prior to biologics?

You should be finding out pretty soon anyway

Theresa :smile:
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Poppy,

I don't know for sure but just wanted to say i hope it goes well for you and they will soon start you on the drug. I also really hope that will work wonders for you cus it can some. Cris x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Hi Cris, Theresa, Julie and DD,
    Thanks for your replies and support, you were right Theresa it was a TB test, nasty sting and I've to go back Thursday to measure the reaction.
    Although it beggars belief that I'm sat there in the hospital waiting room with a family who quite clearly had severe coughs (and i mean severe) who couldn't be bothered to put their hands over thier mouths, I've probably picked up more in that waiting room than any other appointment!
    Still, all done now and hopefully that's it and I'll start Humira soon.
    Thanks again ladies you are all stars Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Poppygirl
    Sorry I cant help with your question, but I just want to say good luck with the treatment...I really do wish you well with it.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Poppyg1rl
    Thanks Barbara, you are very kind, I'm off out with my best friend tonight for dinner, I can talk the ears off her re Arthur etc but it's good to talk to someone else who suffers from it and understands, so thanks again
    Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Well done Poppygirl for your needle you ahve been very brave.

Hope you didnt catch anything :shock:

and enjoy your night out!

Love

Toni xx