Hot hands

Options
scozzie
scozzie Member Posts: 333
edited 30. Oct 2011, 13:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I've another strange happening, this morning I woke, for the first time, to burning stiff hands - this affected both hands equally. My hands are rarely ever cold, but I don't recall them ever feeling this hot before and the stiffness took longer than usual to disapate. I have OA, is this a normal experience?

My next rheumy visit is in a fortnight's time so I'm gonna add that one to my list of Qs!

Scozzie

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh scozzie, what the hell is 'normal' with this busniness? My hands are increasingly arthritic, I don't know which is affecting them but they don't feel hot: that could be due to the humira I inject for the PA which cured my 'hot' knees almost instantaneously. If they are too warm then soak them in a bowl of cool water or rest them on a wrapped bag of frozen peas. DD (mark them tho so you don't eat them!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    when my hands get like this run them under tap helps a bit warmth helps with stiffness but cold if swollen good luck hope it was one off val
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi,
    Hot hands, feet and right knee. I have to cool them down and have cold paks in the fridge for when necessary.
    At night feet get so hot that i have to put them on cold floor.
    As far as im aware i dont have OA, did have PA but am one of those who are having their diagnosis questioned.

Do mention to consult, it may be 'normal' for you.

Take care
    C.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg