Feeling low today : (

suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 29. Feb 2012, 14:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am in awful pain that painkillers are only slightly dulling. My ortho appt is not till 3rd April. I do have a physio appt for my neck on 2nd March.

I have tried fighting through the pain but it just makes it worse, and my legs just give way. Last night I tried to do things in the kitchen and nearly passed out. The pain makes me feel sick and dizzy. It also sets all kind of weird neuro symptoms such as myoclonic jerks and muscle spasms, numbness etc.

So last night I said I was going to spend day in bed. Had to get up due to pain and needed meds. Standing makes neck worse :?: and lower back, then sitting sets off another area.

I am really struggling, feeling low and sorry for myself I suppose. I had a hospital appt this morning to get more Aza, but I havent even gone and had bloods done, so cancelled and have to go Friday now, and get bloods done tomorrow.

I just can't face it, the struggle isnt worth the payback. Which is unlike me, I normally go to appts, but today I just dont care. I should probably call a friend or something, but dont want to appear self pitying :oops: Son and hubby have been marvellous, but this is just awful.

Sorry to moan, but I needed to vent. Can't say to poor hubby again, how bad things are, it isn't fair. :cry:

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Suzygirl, I'm so sorry you're feeling so rough. It seems a lot of us are having flares at the moment. I know that doesn't make you feel any better but at least you're not on your own. Try to rest as much as you can and deal with appointments when you feel a bit better.
    Wishing you well
    Numpty
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Hello Suzy, I'm also in bed with a hot water bottle (& pile of books). I understand how you are feeling. Mine is stabbing at my hip and back - could take more pills but hate the side effects. No real answers I'm sorry but I find if I can get my mind off it a bit that helps - hence books. Hope you feel better soon. Mx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sorry you are not feeling so good today,hope you feel better soon.(((()))) Mig
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh Suzy I am so sorry that things are so very rough for you at the mo and that today has been such a horrible day for you. I wish there was something I could say to help, but I don't know what so just sending you ((()))s and letting you know I am thinking of you.

Lots love Tillyxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Suzy my love I can feel your pain, please dont apologise for having a moan, you really needed that.
    I do understand some of what you are going through, my neck has just joined in the fun.
    I really do wish I could help, but you know we are here for you, the only thing that is helping my neck at the min is my wheat cushions,
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    No apologies necessary..
    It's awful being in pain like that.. It's no surprise you dint feel like going to the appointment.
    I hope things start to ease soon :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    (((((x)))))
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    ((((((())))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    Thanks guys, it is so great to have support from those that understand. I do appreciate it.

I spoke to my mom who helped, and my family have been so supportive.

Tomorrow is another day, I will try again. :)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Suzy

sending hugs (((((())))))

Love
    Hileena
  • bounce
    bounce Member Posts: 106
    Im sorry to hear that you are going through a really bad time with the pain. Hope it eases itself up very soon.

Im sending you a big friendly hug, as I found a hug works wonders. :)

You take good care of yourself, and vent whenever you want to, its better out then in.
  • Aprilann
    Aprilann Member Posts: 49
    Hello Suzy

Snap. I am feeling very, very low at the moment - let me tell you about it. I have had RA for nearly 32 years now, very bad lungs due to RA (never smoked), osteoporosis, sjogrens syndrome (which is dry eyes, mouth, etc) with narrowing in throat so I have to be careful when swallowing food etc, large break of a vertebrae last year (that was absolute agony), the surgeon injected cement into the fracture (I am now worrying another vertebrae might break below because this is what could happen) and to polish me off five days before Christmas, the day before my twin daughters' birthday - usually spoil their birthday with chest infections but this winter, so far, not had an infection, I was knocked off my mobility scooter (completely this man's fault, he was looking over his shoulder while he was still walking towards me). He saved himself on my left arm but knocked me to the ground on my right side causing a wide break in the left arm and also fractured my right wrist so you can imagine how I am still feeling nine weeks on - very, very low and I am still getting low back pain when I stand. What next!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Suzygirl, how are you feeling today? Better I hope, I really do.

Aprilann, it's lovely to meet you and I hope that finding us will help you as much as it has helped me. Please post again on this forum so that others get the chance to say hello to you, if people haven't seen this thread then they won't know you're here! I hope you too are having a better day and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Suzy

l am so sorry l missed this yesterday.

I do hope you are feeling a bit better today and well-done for talking to your Mum....that will have helped l'm sure.

I wish l had an easy answer, but you know l do understand and sympathise and hope you get to the ortho appt much sooner than you expect.

Love

Toni xxx

Hi Aprilann.

Good too meet you sorry you too are suffering so much at the mo :( I look forward to seeing you around and about on the site. xxx
  • suzygirl
    Thanks DD and Toni, well my 'give in' day enabled me to have enough energy to deal with getting my bloods done. So that was good, and whilst out, the sun was shining, and it was warm ( hot sweats warm :oops: ) I have come home and opened windows to give house a good airing. Birds are singing and my bulbs are up and have buds now. :D Always a reason to be cheerful. Resting again now, and avoiding the temptation to overdo it, as I get cranky with the pain and exhausted and frustrated.

Aprilann, welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. I agree with the others start a thread and introduce yourself so we can get to know you and more people will respond to you. You need the support that the forum provides. You have had a rough time of it, it must be demoralising to have all that to cope with. Sometimes it does all get too much, I wont bore you with you all my ailments, but I have a long list of them and lots of meds. Its when you have more than one to contend with and they all hurt it gets annoying. I hope you have family to help you.
    Take care.
  • tillytop
    Hello Suzy

Just saying "hello" and that I am thinking of you. Glad you managed to get your bloods done and that you did have a better day.

Love and ((()))s

Tillyxxx
  • tillytop
    Morning Suzy (actually that should be "afternoon" but since I am sitting here in my jim-jams :roll: it still feels like morning :lol: )

Just saying "hello" and that I am thinking of you lots.

Love and ((()))s

Tillyxxx
  • suzygirl
    Thanks Tilly, I have been meaning to update but am flaring badly now. I am so so tired and weak. Dreading that it carries on, as I hate it so much.

Anyway, had rheumy nurse appt and discovered that despite my saying my joints were ok, she had to a DAS. Apparently all joints inflamed, I need orthotics as foot and ankle misshapen, wrist is starting to fuse and knee needs a steroid injection. She was horrified at my knee, which I must admit does hurt, but I thought it was due to my back. :lol:

So having spent all week berating myself for being a lazy wuss, it appears I am well justified in feeling rubbish!!! Have physio on Friday and am really hoping they can help as I want to drive again, its such a pain. The rheumy nurse wants me to wear a soft collar :oops: Its so glam this arfur!!!!!!

Hobbling round house on zimmer trying to avoid falling. Good side is Izzy is keeping me company, she is cuddling up next to me, whilst I rest. She is lovely.

I hope you are ok Tilly, and sorry have not been in touch, will do soon.

(((hugs ))) to you my friend x
  • tillytop
    Hello Suzy

Please don't apologise for not being able to update your thread - just glad to hear that you are getting some help -even if it does involve a glamorous neck collar :lol: Didn't you know they are quite the thing this season? :lol: Seriously, hope it helps and hope that you can have the knee injection sooner rather than later - and that that gives you some relief too.

Really good luck with the physio on Friday Suzy - will be thinking of you.

Glad that Izzy is being good company as usual.

Love and ((()))s

Tillyxxx

PS - how can you even THINK you were being, as you so beautifully put it " a lazy wuss" !!!!!!! :shock: :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Suzygirl, I'm so sorry I've missed this. I've been away and, although I did see the thread when I got back, I thought things seemed to be heading in the right direction. Oh how this disease wrong-foots us!

However, I would never have thought you were 'a lazy wuss' and you are clearly very much in the wars still. A soft collar? I have one. I rarely need it since I got the memory foam pillow but it was very useful beforehand. I still take it away with me just in case. Fused wrist? I don't know if they can do anything about that. They couldn't in my day (think dinosaurs!) and mine have now fused but, thanks to the wonders of wrist splints, they fused in a very straight, usable position so not all is lost. Orthotics might really help, too. So much is knock-on pain and we never know how much until the source is dealt with.

I hope your physio appt goes well and the flare abates asap. Take care.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi Suzy,Sorry you are still feeling rotten,glad your rhemmies got her wits about her and helping to get you sorted.
    thanks for the tip about bio gel will look into it.(((())))Mig
  • suzygirl
    Thanks Tilly.

SW, how lovely to hear from you. You have not been well yourself I read? I haven't got on with the memory foam pillows at all, am using them for my back as a support, which is good. :D I have the collar and it does help, but not a good look, picture the steroid moon face enhanced by a collar :oops: Oh the glamour!! :shock:

I will seek physio opinion on collar though, have been advised to wear in car, whhichI have done. Do you drive SW? My gp has advised me not to at the moment, which is intensely irritating. The gabapentin does help the pain, but makes me dopey and slows my reactions down. Which I worry about driving.

My wrist, well it has always been the most painful, and I have got splints, which make me hot. It is fusing straight, so no unglamour there. Not too worried as not really sure what it all means. Take it as it comes, can't change it.

Its my back and neck my priority at the moment. What treatment have you had for yours SW? Am hoping an injection and away!!!!! :D

I hope you are doing better now, you have been missed.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hope you feel better soon.. ((((()))))) xxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hey Suzygirl. Just sending u positivity and ((((x))))
    Take care.x
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    'a good look'? Remind me what that is :lol:.

I haven't driven for going on 20 years now. I didn't have a collar then but had to keep off anything likely to make me drowsy if I needed to drive.

The wrist thing? Well, if it fuses strsight you can use your fingers quite well (even if they're totally manked like mine). If it fuses curled round then your fingers aren't much use however good they are.

My back - touch wood - is one of the few half decent bits of me. The lower bit's gone and my neck hardly moves which, I guess, is good news for all but anaesthetists and dentists. I've never had anything specifically for it except the collar.

Thanks for the welcome back. I nearly managed to scupper our month with the son & grandson by landing up in hospital, unable to stand on one leg, a week beforehand. Tendonitis in hip. The problem of 11 hours on a plane, unable to get to the loo, seemed insurmountable. My timing was impeccable. Ditched the zimmer at 4.15am and flew out at 6.20am. They put us near the loo. The hip's almost back to normal now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright