Dammit.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Feb 2012, 13:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
My left ankle has gone haywire. I cannot stand on it, can't walk easily (ever tried hopping with crutches or a clatterator on a leg that's equally bad? No? All I can say is don't! :lol: ) I'm fuming. All I did today was some errands, nothing too major but somehow I've hurt it. :roll: Serves me right for having the nerve to go out and about. t1929.gif Je suis une DispleasedDaisy.

PS. It's just dawned on me. It was doing this yesterday, intermittantly, when (in the heat of the sunshine and a burst of pure stupidity) I decided to Clatterate to the bank, then the Co-op, then home, a round-trip of about 3/4 of a mile. This is self-inflicted damage, ye gods woman, will you never learn? :roll: TD (TwitDaisy)
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh you poor sausage. I am so sorry.

Reckon your "diagnosis" is probably right, frustrating tho it is.

Thinking of you lots.

Tillyxxx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Oh DD,
    You are having a time of it aren't you?
    I don't think any of us will ever learn not to over do it. When we feel up to doing stuff, it's such a blast we go a bit OTT!
    You better rest up now. I hope this doesn't last too long.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Sending love and hugs , so irritating that every time we try to do anything out of the ordinary , there's payback a'plenty to deal with . Try to rest up and avoid the hopping as much as possible . Jillyb
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Oh my DSD (Dear Sweet Daisy) I'm really sorry that this is happening.. It's such a bugger when we do sooooooo little yet it's still too much... :x

You know I'm sending blokey hugs from me n purrs from the fat lad who's currently fast asleep across my hips...

Rest, rest, then rest some more, that's an order... :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Dammit is a very polite swear word,is that what you really thought.Mig
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well hon that is awfull such a small trip to give you so much trouble do hope it better soon take care and stop the line dancing val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Firstly, thank you one and all. Your words are very kind and I appreciate them. Secondly, just to whinge further, it's now affecting my back, namely that lovely group of muscles between the bottom of the rib cage and the top of the buttock which are now very uncomfortable. :( Hey-ho, never mind, it's pain and I'm used to that, which I am sure helps. :roll: (You know what I mean, it's the 'You're used to pain,' comment that I am sure we have all heard at one time or another.) I am tired, glum and dreading even more that battle called 'dropping off.' I know what I would like to drop off and sleep ain't it. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    well now you HAVE to rest hun. You've obviously knocked yourself about more than you thought.. Ra is on his way for some purry furry cuddles (obviously said in a proper Yorkshire accent...)
    Hope you manage some sleep. I've got a couple of spare diazepam, I'll send em down with his gayness :D

Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Awww DD
    What a carryon.......just as the sun comes out you go and do something daft....haven't we all?????? :( Sun or no sun you just have to rest to be ready for this blistering hot summer we are going to have} :lol: Park Daisy and the Clatterator up for a few days and forget about going out.
    Did you manage to get any decent sleep last night?
    Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Morning DD,hope you had a decent night,the sun is out,dont you do too much.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    I had a better night than I was expecting, which was pleasant. Today however, has not gotten off to a good start. :roll: Back playing up, lifting things and opening drawers etc is not pleasant, left ankle shooting pain here there and everywhere, walking is not easy so I am Clatterating on the ground floor, using crutches on the first floor, and just swearing on the stairs. I thank whoever that, thanks to the wugger, it will be beer o'clock at a civilised time! :D DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi DD
    i hope your pain has calmed down a bit today please be care full.
    try and have a good weekend.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh bless you Joan, thanks for your good wishes. Alas the pain has not eased. :( I reek of Red Tiger Balm which I have rubbed on my back (and it's helped) but both ankles and knees are very painful. I'm keeping up with the dullers and the diclofenac have helped. I hope you and Sue are OK and that you too have a sunny day - it's lovely here! DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    So easy in retrospect! How infuriating. Hope it soons recovers, not easy to rest it when you rely on it.

By the way I wasn't sure what a clatterator was so I google imaged it,
    so funny what came up ... take a peek http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1093&bih=481&q=clatterator&gbv=2&oq=clatterator&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=3562l6203l0l6953l11l11l0l2l2l0l94l564l8l8l0 I have now deduced it is forum terminology!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Yes DD self inflicted it seems youll be trying to enjoy yourself next LOL its amazing how you get to feel so well then bang it knocks you for six out of the blue. Hope its feeling better soon
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Ohhh Speedy
    You gve me a good laugh :lol: on a wet Sunday morning at 7.25am :lol:
    You know i'm not laughing AT you....with you :lol:
    Have you figured it out yet or has someone told you??
    DD has a clatterator and I have a chariot :lol::lol:
    Not sure what others call theirs....Its a 4 wheel walker with a seat basically.
    How are you anyway....I did skim over a post yesterday and you wern't feeling great??

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Speedy!!! WOW!!!!

Fabulous and Joan Dachs if famous too!!!

Wo-wooo!!!

DD hope you are behaving and resting...you know if makes sense...you have fun stuff to do very soon and you need to be as better as poss!

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    dd how is it going ???? have you been resting ???? sun is out and quite warm so have good day val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    I've just clicked on Speedy's blue stuff and I feel seriously spooked. :shock: :shock: :shock: Talk about my new life in images. :shock: Right Speedy, as Hileena so beautifully explained my Clatterator is a four-wheeled rollator, complete with seat. I named it the Clatterator because, as it is a cheap-and-cheerful model the RACKET it makes as I stagger and stumble along pavements etc is ASTONISHING. Not only can people who can see me hear me those who can't can too - even motorists in their sealed-in glory turn up the radio when I clatter into view. :roll: Plastic wheels and a rattly wire basket do not for silence make.

Right, to matters pain-wise. 'Ouch' sums it all up quite neatly. I am starting to wonder if an Xray might be in order but on the other hand I can't be bothered as stuff hurts too much. DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hileena, it REALLY made me laugh too. S thought I'd finally flipped ...

Nothing is private or sacred on the web is it?

Thanks for enlightening me.

No excuse then DD, folks have plenty of time to get out of your way.

I use a suitcase on wheels to cart all my school paraphanalia to and from school. My staff can hear me coming a mile off in the corridor. Also no chance of sneaking past the boss when I'm late.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.