Today I started the Meth

Options
jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 2. Nov 2012, 12:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone , Well I got a phone call from the hospital to say I could start the Meth, the doctor has said I can stay on it if my platelets don't go down lower than a 100. (what ever that means lol ) . I feel a little sickly today but I think that should go .
I really hope i start to feel better I am so tired of feeling horrible.

I have a question for you nice people , I have a strange rash on my wrist which i have had for about 6 months and nothing is moving it, it as gone from being about one inch to 3 inch round , I wondered if this has anything to do with the inflamatory arthritis.Thanks for your help ...jillyx

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jilly

Good luck with the meth and hope your platelets behave themselves .go back and see your doctor see if he can give you some cream as the meth may dry your skin out aswell once you start taking it .

good luck hope you start picking up soon

Fowlsxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Can't help with the rash but I really wish you well with the meth.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I hope the meth does a good job, jilly. Always take it with food to help prevent tummy problems and, if that doesn't work, try taking it at night.

If you've had the rash for some time it can't be meth-related. Might it be watch-related or cuff-related? Have you tried changing your laundry powder?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope the meth helps, jilly, I really do. As for the rash I have no idea but please show it to your pharmacist to see if they know what it might be. Meth is a powerful drug and you don't anything being 'aggravated' by it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I hope out works wonders mi dear :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi jilly,

Can I ask if your rash started out as a series of small blisters that joined up together to form a bright pink/red mark possibly horse shoe shaped which then grew larger. Also, is it more troublesome when in the sun or when you feel too hot?

Further more has it appeared anywhere else on your body, ie back of hands, hips etc?

Just that I had something like that and it took months to get a diagnosis but once I had the appropriate treatment it cleared up within days

Petals x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello jilly, is there any news about your rash? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben