Elna's Mum.

tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 15. May 2013, 07:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sadly the lovely Elna lost her Mum yesterday. She had been unwell for some months and sadly did not recover.

My thoughts are with you Elna.

Elizabeth xxxx
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Elna, my heart goes out to you. I know it is no consellation but she is no longer in pain and can rest up now. Sending you some big hugs (())
    Karen xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Dear Elna, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    You are in my thoughts. (((())))
    Numpty
  • rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    I'm so very sorry for your loss Elna.

My condolences to you and your family.

RC
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh our Dear Elna..who is always there for everyone...
    My heart goes out to you....and always here if you need to talk....(((((())))xx
    Thankyou Elizabeth xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thanks Elizabeth.

I'm very sorry to read this, Elna. I hope that, when all the trauma is over, you will be left with many happy memories.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    So so sorry for your loss Elna at least she is at peace, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family ((((())))..................Marie xx

Thanks Elizabeth xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Thank you Elizabeth
    i'm very sorry to read of your sad loss Elna i will be thinking of you at this sad time. take care.
    ((((((((Elna))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    So sorry for your loss,thinking of you in the days to come.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am so sorry to read this, having 'lost' my mother on April 10th I can understand how tough this can be. Elna, all I can do is send hugs and I do. ((((())))) It's not an easy time and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Our thoughts are with you and your family Elna, at this sad time...

The Mod Team and webmanager
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Elna

I am so so sorry and totally understand how hard thsi will have hit you. You so nearly lost her after her operation and she surprised you. I am so sad for you to hear she has gone :(

I am thinking of you and the rest of your family as this terrible time.

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx

PS Thank you so much Elizabeth for letting us know

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    I am thinking about you Elna..and sending some very gentle hugs ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    So very sorry to hear the news Elna.

Thinking of you and your lovely family at this sad time.

Kath xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Elna

Words cannot say how this must feel. Can only pass on my sincere condolences to you and your family...

Elainexx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    So sorry to hear of your loss Elna sending you lots of (((((())))))) hugs
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I'm so sorry and sad to hear this elna, words never seem enough at a time like this so I'm sending loads of

((((((((((((((elna))))))))))))

for you.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    First of all thank you dear Elizabeth for posting about why I have not been on the forum for a little while. I am touched.

Dear kind friends

Thank you so much for replying. I was not aware, until just now, that a thread had been started by Elizabeth. I knew I had a message to reply to from Elizabeth on FB but being preoccupied with my mum and hospital, I only answered the day after my mum died.

As some of you may know my mum had a few long spells in hospital over the past few years but each time she was able to return home to her bungalow and carry on with her fulfilling life with the minimum of outside care and assistance.

On January 7th her femur broke (she did not fall but had OP) - she had been in pain and discomfort with her leg/hip for about a month earlier but nothing showed up in tests/xrays. The operation went well and she did actually go to a rehab centre three times but always had to return to hospital because of re-occurring chest infections. These infections became relentless, eventually coupled with the complication that she began to have trouble swallowing food and liquids which resulted in copious vomiting which must have been most unpleasant for her. She never complained as that was not in her nature. She always looked for positives.

I shall be forever grateful that I was able to be with her in her last hour here and that is of great comfort to me. She had an oxygen mask on and could give me no indication that she knew I was there but I like to think that she heard my voice as I held her hand and stroked her hair and face. After all she had been through since the beginning of the year she died peacefully at 2.00 pm. It was a beautiful, sunny day.

Now is a busy time with phone calls and arrangements to be made. There are so many people to contact, with quite a few abroad. She was a Quaker and was happiest when networking, forming different groups, sharing and organising. On her 89th birthday she was busy talking about her 90th birthday celebrations. Unfortunately this is not to be now. She was well loved by so many of all ages and in all walks of life. She will live on in many people’s lives and in groups that she started. I have always been very proud to share my mum with others.

Thank you all so much for your love, care and sympathy. I shall be in touch again when I can.

You all look after yourselves, you are a lovely bunch of people and that is why I have stayed on the forum for such a long time.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Im so sorry to hear your news, i really dont know what to say so im sending you Hugs xxx
  • barbara12
    How lovely Elna....she would be so very proud to hear you speak of her like that...I didn't know she was a Quaker...how interesting....we have a book here that I keep meaning to read...something the light...sorry not sure of the name....but I do know that they live by good values... :D you take care of yourself....I'm so glad you was with her at the end....(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Dear Elna,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Mum. My thoughts are with you and your family,

Take care,

lots of love,

Eileen x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Thanks for letting us know how you are Elna.

Loook after yourself with all this going on, I will be thinking of you

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    You have been in my thoughts Elna. I wanted to give you space to deal with everything, so did not message you to make you aware of this thread, but I knew,with time,you would look back on the forum.

It is exhausting trying to deal with grief and putting on your brave face for the family and friends and I hope everyone is now caring for you, just as you always care for others and help them through the difficult times.

You will continue to be in my thoughts,

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Bless you, dear Elizabeth, you knew I would look into the forum soon enough and you were right. Thank you for starting the thread. You are right, I have been tired these past few days. We are at the Funeral Directors tomorrow so then we should have a date. One of my mum's sisters will be travelling from Denmark with her daughter for the funeral. My mum was one of seven and the rest of them live in Finland and all still alive but getting on in years. It was so good that two of her sisters and brother in law came over in October last year and we all had a memorable day when they visited us in our home. Everyone is being very caring and that is of comfort to me.

Love,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Thank you, Toni.

Love
    Elna x

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I've only just caught up with the loss of your dear mum. I know how you feel Elna as I lost my lovely dad when he was just two months short of his 90th birthday. I do feel that we are so lucky to have had them so long though.

lilies_zpsd1c8d1bc.jpg

Love and hugs,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'