jaw pain

Options
kittymedaughter
kittymedaughter Member Posts: 81
edited 18. Jul 2013, 05:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi does anyone suffer from jaw pain with their arthritis or fibro, the pain is spoiling my life, it is in my head, jaw, cheek and chin, first call was my dentist who said it was not because of my teeth, Dr thinks it is neuropathic but we havent investigated where it is coming from yet

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kitty, I do suffer from pain in my face and is related to neurological condition, I take it you will be seen by a neurologist it definitely requires more investigating, good luck hope you get it sorted soon.....Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi;
    Yes, I have. I think mine is from arthritic inflammation of the TM joint and the top joint of my neck. So far it's been intermittent. Nasty isn't it?

There is also a pain syndrome called trigeminal neuralgia (google if you want more info) which is possibly caused by blood vessel inflammation causing nerve pain in your face. You could see if this fits your symptoms.

Mine radiates from the TM joint through the bones of my face. The TM joint is a synovial joint and is therefore vulnerable to RA and other inflammatory joint diseases.

Hope you get some relief.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Really nasty and affair few of us on here have or have had it including me.

One time was really vile - I thought it was teeth/ear/face etc until I opened my mouth (cleaning teeth one day and it clicked and stuck SHUT :shock:

Rheumatologist says it's jaw.

anti-inflams and pain killers do help a bit and trying very very hard to relax jaw too. Some have tried £200 gum shields dentists will make you, but not me.

I do hope you feel much better soon

love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My jaw flares when my PsA flares (it's sore at the moment and eating hurts). My neck is very crunchy but that's my OA. When are you due to next see your rheumatologist? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    I told my dentist about my jaw as soon as she mentioned using a mouth guard at night I said no thank you I'm ok
    I can't even manage to use those guards they put in to make impressions of your teeth so there's no way I'd cope with a mouth guard oh yucky
    Anything teeth related stresses me out give me joint injections ant day
    Maria
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I too have arthritis in my jaw , it's painful and makes it hurt to eat ; not a bad thing as I'm trying to lose weight again ! I make the most horrendous loud clicks whenever I yawn too which entertains my hubby no end !
    Jillyb