Hooray! - DLA Appeal Success

purplepatch
purplepatch Member Posts: 28
edited 24. Jul 2013, 15:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just to say I've won my appeal & been awarded DLA indefinately after several months of appealing & a home visit from the Atos doctor! There is hope out there! I was turned down outright after a doc (not mine) at my GP's told them I was 'in remission'!!! No-one has ever said that to me - I wish I was! I had to chase up my consultant as he hadn't replied to their enquiries, turned out he hadn't received any enquiry! I wanted it put on record that they were prepared to make a decision without an expert opinion & that got things moving, that & the threat of a benefits advisor who rarely loses his cases!
To anyone else in the same position please don't let go, that is what they want, keep on with your appeal & seek professional help from the CAB or a benefits advisor. Be prepared to do some of the legwork & please, please never doubt yourself!

Happy Purple

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Congratulations Purple!!!!! That's terrific and I'm very happy for you!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Congratulations purple, I am so pleased for you I will be going down that road in a couple of weeks time, in my correspondence I got back they are more or less saying that consultants are only there to diagnose not to say whether a person is fit to work or not, mine said I am not fit to work at any level, they try and get you every way. That must be a weight off your mind................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done ,that's great news.Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Well done purple!! I'm still waiting for a result from when I sent my forms off!! Feels like I've been waiting forever! They really don't give a damn that your life's on hold because you need to know if you have a fight on your hands or not and how much it stresses you.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Good, it is worth pursuing these things. I heard a report on the radio yesterday that ATOS are to lose their contract with the government thanks to the shemozzle they are creating with their shambolic efforts at assessments. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Brilliant news purple..I am so glad you have posted this...like you say it will give others hope
    Its disgraceful that Atos didn't even get in touch with your consultant...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Member Posts: 28
    Thanks everyone!
    As an aside my OH used to be a decision maker for DLA before they closed his office & made him redundant 6 years ago!! He correctly 'decided' my award level back in February & was appalled and angry at the level of service provided!

Purple