PsA, OA and now FM. Get in!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 3. Sep 2013, 07:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I wandered up to rheumatology today and came back with a booklet about fibromyalgia, a fistful of blood forms (the purple one has to be done early in the morning :( ), a referral to the pain team and another referral for a CT scan. My glands are to be checked, plus my thyroid, VitD levels and a whole host of other stuff. Jolly good. :) My annus horibilis continues. :roll: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You have my sympathies DD ... They are my diagnoses too. I'm a few years in to FM tho.

If I can help in any way please don't hesitate to ask. ((( ))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Heck DD ,don't know what else to say except borox .Mig (((())))
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Sorry to hear that DD. What made them check for it?
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Salamander, she was checking my joints for non-existent inflammation when she happened to knock my forearm - I winced. She then prodded various bits, forearms, upper arms (yeeeeouuuuch!) shoulders and hips and promptly toddled off to fetch a leaflet. I promptly cried. :roll: Shame on you, DD, surely it's hardly a surprise.

Thank you Debbie, I thought of you when she mentioned the dread word and I will get in touch if I need any answers. I understand what I've read and I will wait until all the scans etc are done before I start asking the unaswerables. :wink:

Mig? I utterly agree. DD
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear this, DD. You look after yourself. (((gentle)))

Meg
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Miserable, DD. Hope you get a clear diagnosis. Even my suspect FM hasn't been straightforward......Always a muddle...

Anna
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Blinking heck DD- :cry:
    Sometimes it feels like life waits to put the boot in at every turn.

Please accept some gentle hugs {{{{{{ DD }}}}}}. Hope that you get some positive answers quickly so that appropriate help will be offered.

Deb xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh DD, it's just not fair, you didn't need any more letters! Unfortunately, FM is very common alongside autoimmune diseases as well as other pain conditions. What a pain in the backside. You take good care of yourself and remember, you know where we are. ;) x
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Oh dear, you hardly need another condition though it might explain some things. What is the treatment for it? I hope not more drugs.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Awww DD pet
    What can I say except you don't deserve another condition.
    Sending ((((())))))

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    I am fortunate in that this was a clear diagnosis (i.e. my consultant believes it exists despite her being revoltingly healthy) and it does explain a great deal that has been going on but was too boring to narrate.

Treatment is along the lines of the wishful thinking of the other stuff, i.e. diet, exercise and more meds. Woo-hoo. :D Fairness is a pointless concept and I am now seriously considering taking to my chaise longue, reeking of parma violet and swooning in the proper manner. I knew I wasn't ever really going to 'get better' but now that has been properly confirmed, well, je suis very glum. Yesterday, stupidly, I blew an amount of money on a Galaxy tablet - shoulda got the new rollator. :wink: Hey-ho, onwards and backwards, yes? (Onwards and sideways is only for those who are doing relatively OK. :lol: ) DD

PS Thank you, everyone, your support is much needed and appreciated.
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    What's wrong with your old {not old but you know what I man} rollator?? You probably have said in some post but I missed that

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awe DD, how much more can life throw at one person, you haven't had the best time of if for a long while, as a good friend used to say to me if there was no "bad luck" you would have no luck at all :shock: . Hang in there missus we are all behind you, no wonder you have been in as much pain as you have been, hopefully it will not be as bad as you think.......tc.....Marie ((((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Hileena, you make a good point. My current Clatterator is just that, it has four small plastic wheels, no suspension, a wire basket and it hurts my hands and arms thanks to vibration despite my not gripping or leaning on it that hard. I reckon a model with bigger wheels plus suspension is now required. I have my green eyes on a Stannah - two very large front wheels and two smaller rear wheels but all with the rather lovely feature of springs and stuff and its wheels ain't plastic. Some monies from my Ma's estate are now trickling through, hence the tablet of the un-swallowable type, but the rollator will soon follow 'cos needs must. I hope that the term 'Clatterator' will no longer apply - Smootherator may be an acceptable alternative. :)

Hello Marie, well, if not me it could be someone else and it's about time it was. :wink: No matter, it is what it is and it will do what it will do. I have no choice and no say - no matter, end of. I will muddle through, I always have and always will because it's life (with or without arthritis). DD
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    That term will still apply....to mine :lol: I know it was you christened it that but it wasn't much later that I got mine and found out what you meant. I looked at one of my Avon customers 3 wheel one {no good to us...we need the seat now and then :lol: } but the wheels on hers are large and it will be a lot smoother....like you when I'm in the street {not a shopping centre} I don't lean on it....hardly touch it but the vibrations just go through you don't they? Sorry I known this isn't what what your original post was about but just to let you know I sympathise with you about that as well as the fibro......what size is the one you are looking at? Will the micro take it?
    Take care pet

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    It's bigger and no, it won't fit in Daisy so a new car beckons too - it's bl**dy expensive being disabled, isn't it?

I feel exhausted and very sick thanks to stress (there's a helluva lot going on here at the moment). Dammit all to hell and back and then back again. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    ((((())))) Mig
  • hileena111
    (((((())))))) from me3 as well DD and you know where I am if you need to chat

Love
    Hileena
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Oh DD, it goes on and on doesn't it? I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too, but I have one more letter than you ... B ... I have bursitis too. So I am RA, OA, FM, B. I always wanted to be like my clever OH and have letters after my name. Shame they are the wrong sort!

I have found that the FM symptoms have eased, in that all the lots of little pains all over the place are easier, but from some recent posts I am wondering if some symptoms I attribute to RA are actually FM. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what name we put to what, it still hurts. I can't believe how confusing I find all this. The more I read, the worse it gets. Sorry, I am rambling.

I am struggling a bit at the moment and I can't face the hoovering or ironing planned for today so I am staying in bed a bit longer. It's all such fun.

I do hope you have all your tests out of the way very soon and get better results than you expect. I hope you are enjoying your G.lax. and the kindle part works for you.

Thinking of you, Susie
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Oh DD I am so very very sorry, life really has handed you far too much :( Huge (but very gentle) hugs coming your way xxx
    Toots x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi DD
    Just caught your post
    It's just one thing after another for you
    You are an amazing lady and seem to take it all in your stride no pun intended
    Keep rolling on they say these things are sent to try us and in the end make us a better person I bet who ever said that didn't have any of the dreadful Arthurs we have :x
    Maria :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    It seem to go that if you have any type of Arthritis you will have Fibro I've noticed. I think they seem to diagnose you with it to cover all bases on pain!! What do you think? It's just weird that most of us have now been told that not only do we have a type of Arthritis but we have Fibro too!! (??)
  • dreamdaisy
    This camel has a particularly broad back, I can take a few more straws and I think that more are approaching. :roll: (I have a wonderful Simon Drew card of a camel standing with its eyes nearly closed as a gale whistles past - the caption reads 'It seems to me, you live your life, like a camel in the wind.' How apt. ) Viz the fibro bit, people without chronic conditions can have it, and it may occur because the brain alters the way it perceives pain. Least I think that's what she said, I was too busy sniffling. As for collecting letters after our names well, these are a few that I didn't work for. :wink:

I have sorted out the dates for my Ma's house clearance so that will hopefully help to ease one source of stress. No doubt others will come along to fill that void. DD
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello dd,

Are you trying to overtake me?
    The pub, the pints, and the pies and the hand holding
    are definitely on now.
    Am I coming to you or you to me?
  • dreamdaisy