Job seekers/esa could someone help

Kittkat
Kittkat Member Posts: 309
So I have severe psa ( all joints affected) on mtx at the moment. I have finished my degree in psychology and have started a one evening a week counselling course ( this is what I want to be some kind of counsellor). Thing is I can't work and I have no money. I need money to get to my course etc and at 23 it is hard not having the ability to earn anything. So should I go for jobseekers (although am ill) or try go for esa. I am scared of trying the esa as it seems people struggle to get it.
Anyway thanks :D
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Comments

• BluesWalk
    BluesWalk Member Posts: 48
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Heya, I was on ESA for nearly a year with PA. All you have to do is tell your doctor that you are in to much pain to work because of your PA. He should give you a 'sick line' (I was getting 2 weeks, then 4 weeks, then fnally 8 week lines). You phone up the Department for Work and Pensions, say you want to claim esa. I think you are given a certain amount of time for no line, like self cert, but you have to send your lines in.

Pros: You don't have to attend the jobcentre every 2 weeks. All you have todo is send your lines away.

Cons: Unless you are getting anything special you should be on around 50 odd pound a week, which isnt great and I found unfair as I wasent off work becaue there was no jobs or I didnt want to work..
  • Kittkat
    Oh cheers thanks for this yeah not very good is it 50 quid but 50 more than what I get now :)
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    hi kittkat
    pleased to meet you
    I think you need to apply for PIP. you can apply for this wether your
    working or not. good luck mike26 :roll:
  • Kittkat
    thanks mike :)