Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Senior moment

migmig Posts: 7,143
edited 16. Jan 2014, 12:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
During my last post I spent a good few minuets trying to delete what I thought was a full stop only to discover it was a spot on the screen. Oh silly muppet . Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :lol: Oh Mig, only you! :lol:

I bought a card yesterday for framing. It's a Matt cartoon from the Telegraph, it's a demonstration by those protesting against the rise in retirement age. There's a bloke yelling in a megaphone - What did we want? Why did we come here? What were we saying? That made oi larf. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villiervillier Posts: 4,426
    :lol: That's a belter mig, don't worry you are not on your own some of mine are too embarrassing to put into print :lol: .............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • migmig Posts: 7,143
    Oh go on tell us one at least. Mig
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,814
    Mig I love it... :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • villiervillier Posts: 4,426
    Oh! mig I am cringing as I write this. I was a manager in this hotel and a woman, son and baby came into to get information about weddings, I took them into the office and proceeded to give them prices for food room hire etc , the conversation then went I have to meet the bride at some point, the woman answered I AM THE BRIDE :shock: as she looked older than the guy I took it she was his mum :lol: I don't think that can even be classed as a senior moment..............stupidity, yes :oops: :lol:...............Marie xx

PS Did they come back and book..........no they certainly did not :o
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Sharon2960Sharon2960 Posts: 329
    Yep - I used to sell houses, and showed an older couple round a house one day; they had a small child with them and, yep, I mentioned how nice it was to have their grandchild with them! The child, however, was theirs - woops! And no, they didn't buy the house!!!

Needless to say, I try not to make assumptions these days!!!
  • constableconstable Posts: 2,115
    Well, I'm laughing because I am 12 years older than my hubby. And didn't start a family till I was in my later thirties, so you can imagine. :oops: No, I am lucky that we both look around the same age but I have had someone ask me about my grandchildren.
    Karen xx