A new low for HaH.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Mar 2014, 11:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
So, today was the day for my re-arranged delivery (requested by me and dealt with by them) of humira, perhaps with the added bonus of a new sharps bin.

By 4pm there had been nothing, so I rang them for an estimated time of delivery to discover the following:

1. At my postcode they had a registered male patient.

2. Once that was sorted my 'helper' discovered that yes, a delivery was scheduled on their system but nobody had forwarded the details to the manifests of the two vans that cover my area.

3. We are now rescheduled for Tuesday and I was very grumpily informed that a sharps was included.

I don't blame her for being grumpy because I reckon she had spent her entire working day dealing with similar enquiries but, what concerned me more, was the utter lack of privacy (I could hear other operatives discussing patients, their addresses and medical conditions as clear as a bell) plus she kept 'losing' me. I was friendly and amenable, she couldn't care less (and again I don't blame her). She sounded echoey (as though working in a bathroom) and there was a distinct echo on my line because I could hear myself a nano-second after anything I said (mind you, my dulcet tones are remarkably pleasant so no hardship there. :wink: )

The whole thing has made me wonder if they have bitten off far more than they can chew, hence the temporary 'lash-up' of the service - I say temporary, I hope it is not permanent. Other geographical areas appear to be OK but mine? I spent an amusing fifteen minutes or so (whilst on hold to speak to a grumpy woman) reading up on their personnel and their 'philosophy'. The head-honchos will soon receive my philosophy (as will my rheumatology department).

Alcura on the other hand - OK, it's early days, but I was given a five hour time-slot for the meth delivery (as opposed to the nine hour favoured by HaH) and today received notification about the collection and delivery of a new sharps. Apparently they are allied to Boots - maybe that gives them an edge. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hmmm, I've been ringing and emailing HAH since last Friday. I used my last Meth injection Monday this week. I finally got through to them yesterday, they are delivering my Meth next Tuesday, which means I'll have to take it a day late. Not the end of the world I know, but could have been avoided if they'd just answered the phone or replied to my emails!
    Numpty
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Blimey this all sounds dead complicated :( I'm really sorry ure all being so badly messed about!!

My first injection is supposed to be a week on Tuesday & it's being delivered to me 'during school hours' the day b4, this is by BUPA, should I be concerned too do you think??

I hope all it arrives on time now ladies.

(((Hugs)))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    No, I don't think you have cause for concern. There are quite a few home-delivery organisations around, it's just that HaH are currently in a mess; I'm sure your delivery will go ahead as planned. DD
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Thanks DD, I appreciate u putting my mind at rest as I have no wiggle room.

(I think I'm over excited, so pathetic :lol::wink:)
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD yo seem to do better than I do at keeping calm, I know it helps in the long run ..but honestly how hard can it be to have a list of people and there delivery dates..hope its sorted very soon ...maybe they would do better if they got Tes** to delivery it... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Do you actually have to use the HaH delivery service? I'm due to start Enbrel soon and my rheumy nurse said it could be picked up from the hospital pharmacy and then eventually if i want I could pick a local pharmacy for it to be picked up from. I wonder if it all depends upon where you live ? It seems like an added inconvenience that you just don't need ! Hope it gets sorted out ! :?
  • dreamdaisy
    Barbara? I have never seen the point in getting angry with those who are liaising with me (this applies to all areas of life, not just call centres) because they too are usually struggling with inadequate systems. I felt for this lady because she (and all her colleagues) must be going through hell - I wouldn't fancy turning up for work feeling fairly sure I would be talking with angry people.

Mormodook, it was my rheumatology department who selected HaH which is why I am going to let them know that the service has deteriorated. It all used to be fine, they would email me, I would reply and everything went smoothly but since the back end of last year it's been a very different story.

So this Tuesday I have to be in between 8am and 6pm for HaH then on Wednesday I have to be in between 7.30am and 12.00 noon for the meth sharps. Wot larks, Pip! :lol: Who'd be healthy? :? DD
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    That sounds like a nightmare ! I hope you get it sorted out soon! Take care
  • dreamdaisy
    A nightmare, Mormodook? No, an inconvenience is all, but to be honest I'm not sure why it feels that way. I can't get out and about too much at the moment but it does feel that my day is 'obstructed' somehow because I have temporarily lost the freedom to come and go. Mind you, that's been absent for some while thanks to the broken arm so shape up DD, been there and done that, another couple of days won't harm! :lol: DD
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    I had dreadful service from Alcura and I am delighted to be leaving them - my view was that Boots should be embarrassed by their connection to them. On the other hand HaH have so far been much more efficient, lets see if they keep it up. I didn't hear any background noise when I spoke to them so I wonder if they have different call centres and operations in different parts of the country?? It is so frustrating that we all get such different service dependant on where we live, it should not matter. Good luck with it all. I get my first nurse visit this Wednesday to get me started on Enbrel - crossing everything that it will have a positive effect over the coming weeks :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Good luck with it Tubby hope all goes well.
    I wait with baited breath to see if my humira t,urns up.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Well, it's 8.24am and it hasn't arrived yet. :wink:

I think they must have different centres around the country, which could be why Ichabod is having no trouble but others on here are. When I was trying to re-arrange my delivery I was ringing the 0845 number to be met only with an engaged tone. :shock: How does that work? :?

Good luck, Tubby, I hope it arrives, you cope and the blasted stuff helps. Mig? What have you baited your breath with? :wink: DD
  • mig
    Garlic bread and more garlic bread washed down with a nice pint of lager.
    Did I get the spelling wrong ? baited or bated ! Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    To bait is to ensnare or trap so yes, you got it right! Garlic, more garlic and lager - hmmmmmm, unusual breakfast fare, no? I made do with two hard-boiled eggs and a cuppa. DD
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    I've only had to wait with bated breath once in the last three months or so for my delivery of Enbrel and that was caused by a European shortage of he drug emanating from Pfizer, the producers thereof.

It seems apparent that there are collection depots for the various parts of the country, together with different delivery firms. My last delivery was by Movianto.

Whilst on Cimzia I had a year's delivery dates sent to me by letter combined with a 'phone reminder for each due date. As is current I was able to 'plug in' my customer number for the eta. Now the delivery dates are advised by 'phone, month by month.

I do feel for the people at H@H answering calls from irate customers, it must be so demoralizing day after day.

Hopefully all issues will soon be resolved and H@H will once again operate like a well oiled machine.
    Cherryx
  • dreamdaisy
    I don't believe it. I have just done a search for my delivery slot to be told that no delivery has been arranged for today. My temper is slipping. TWERPS. :x DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    My Meth has just been delivered, chilled!! even though it has "store at room temperature " printed clearly on the box! The delivery man showed me, and his paper work clearly said to keep in chiller!
    So, not only do I have to take it a day late, but I also have to wait for it to reach room temperature.
  • mig
    Just had a text to say my delivery is coming tomorrow ,shall await and see.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    1 email and 55 minutes on hold later (including 30 on the 0800 number) and it was confirmed that the order had not been raised - well done to Grumpy Denise, Friday's sourpuss. :wink: That has been cancelled and a new one set in place for Thursday, hopefully today's lady, Kelly, is more aware of how and which buttons to press (I said that I'd checked the website for my eta and she said 'Don't believe what you see on there'. Hmmmm.) If that doesn't arrive then I'll leave it all up to HaH, although I don't do much I'm sure I can spend my time in a more fruitful way than hanging on the end of a phone and typing emails that won't be answered. Their poor service has been rumbling on for six months now, I read their latest update on their homepage about the IT difficulties and fell about laughing. DD

PS I am in a temper. Stay clear.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    They are in a right muddle by the sound of things.

Thursday it is then DD.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    I'll let you know come Friday. 8) The temptation to go out on Thursday is currently very strong . . . . . . I've stayed in for two re-arranged-but-not-registered-by-them deliveries so why should I bother to do so again? OK, of course I will because somebody, somewhere, is trying to help me - the fact that nothing helps is neither here nor there. :( DD

PS I have another farce scheduled for tomorrow: the collection and delivery of a meth sharps. I can't wait! :wink:
  • mandyu
    mandyu Member Posts: 8
    I'm due a delivery this morning but nothing on the treatment tracker online. I've tried to call them, but wait time is 78 minutes! Just emailed but not holding out much hope for receiving my delivery today. Should have just stayed in bed!
  • dreamdaisy
    Meth sharps collected - but not one delivered. The driver wasn't told I needed one and he doesn't have one on his van. Hmmmm. I held off doing my jab this morning because Monday's humira pen filled it to the brim (my humira sharps was full and therefore closed) - I cheerfully thought I'll do it later and christen my new sharps. Twerp. :lol: DD
  • mandyu
    mandyu Member Posts: 8
    My delivery arrived! HaH really need to sort their phone lines and online tracker. :x
  • dreamdaisy
    They have on-going IT issues which began when they took over at least one other home-delivery company: their set-up proved to be too small toi handle the extra 3,000 or so new clients. I think I'll go an live with Ichabod6, he is not having any problems whatsoever with HaH.

So, the next stage: I rang my GPs surgery - they do indeed have sharps bins for meth but I can't have one because they do not prescribe my meth. I have to go out later so I will pop into rheumatology and nab one from them, whether they like it or not. DD