A Satisfying Morning.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. Apr 2014, 12:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
If you're squeamish don't read this. :wink:

I have de-haired and de-gunked four plug holes - rubber gloves, a crochet hook and soda crystals were involved (none of the hair involved was ours :shock: ). I have thoroughly cleaned the kitchen sinks (we have a one-and-a-half affair) and soda-crystalised them, wiped down all 19 kitchen cupboard doors and 7 drawers (having cleaned out the flatware drawer) and cleaned all three toilets and basins, using a toothbrush to go round the taps. The words 'bits' and 'shot to' are now springing to mind but I feel very satisfied with what I have done.

What is your most satisfying cleaning experience? I find vacuuming and dusting thankless but this morning was a good one because the results will last for at least two days! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Blimey DD that is good going I'm afraid mine doesn't match that, but its cleaning the windows with my new ...elec cleaner ..wonderful no rubbing..well just a little...and like you the sinks..with my metal coat hanger :shock: ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Do you mean a hand-held steam cleaner? I bought one in the January sales but, thanks to the arm, haven't tried it yet. Hmmmmm. a project for next week methinks, we have many windows and I find the spray-and-wipe thing too much now. :( DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    not a steam one DD but the Karch**one you spray the window..and go over it with the machine that suck off the water and cleans with the squeegee on the end..a little practice and you are away... I haven't tried the steam ones... :(
    Love
    Barbara
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    I was alright until this bit..
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    (none of the hair involved was ours :shock: ).

but yes I do quite enjoy a good thorough clean of something, and would much rather do that than the same job on a quick daily upkeep basis. Don't know why, it's certainly not because I'm not a ultra-clean Hyacinth Bucket type that I enjoy being thorough; more likely to give something a very good clean & dismantle that after that is lucky to get a wipe over.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Gosh haven't you been the busy bee today, can you please send me some of your energy :D It is when I have a reasonable day and I am able to move the furniture in my living room to get the floor cleaned and the dust from off the back of the sofas :shock: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Wow you have been busy. I did, for a while, work for an estate agent who let houses for people. He often asked me to clean them before they were let. It was amazing how filthy some of the houses had become and it was much more satisfying getting stuck in to them than the ones which had been looked after.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done you DD

Steady on now though old girl :shock:

I am like you much prefer a damn good mad few hours doing something different to day to day stuff.

I often clean when I am worried or upset....I wonder whether anyone else does too?

Love

Toni xxx

Ps. I got a thingy from one of those door to door people Kl****ze or Be***rware. It is very long thin plastic with slight spikes (a bit like a bardbed fish hook?). It goes down the plug hole and you turn it when pulling it out. The hairs you yank out!!! VERY gratifying :wink:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello Frogmorton,

How did you get your damn past the censor.
    Are we back in the freedom of speech zone?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    What!!! Did I say something impolite??? Was it 'cleaning'? very offensive I think :lol:

Good to see you :D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    frogmorton wrote:
    Well done you DD

Steady on now though old girl :shock:

I am like you much prefer a damn good mad few hours doing something different to day to day stuff.

I often clean when I am worried or upset....I wonder whether anyone else does too?

Love

Toni xxx

Toni I do my best cleaning when worried or upset. If I row with the old man he strops off and I go on a cleaning mission and loads gets done!

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Some interesting insights into my fellow women there - and yes, Ichabod, I wondered about that too. :wink:

I see, Barbara, it's what is known in our house as a 'Gertcher' - I have wondered about them but I'll try the steamer first. The floor steamer (bought from Sainsbriz in the sales) is a whizz at doing the wooden floor in the kitchen plus the tiled floor in the bathroom: I fully intended to use my V*x hand-held for the hob, taps, shower-screen, windows etc. but then broke my arm so that put paid to that idea for a while. Maybe next week . . . . maybe not.

Cleaning when I'm upset or worried? Nah. I have to be in the mood to get on and yesterday morning was one of those peachy moods. Then in the afternoon I managed to walk to our new 'local' (which is nowhere near as local as the Plump Feline). The walk home two hours later was easier :wink: . I guess this hostelry needs a Daisy name: The Fat Cat lent itself to all kinds of monikers but this one? It's The Woolpack. I'm off for a think whilst watching Murray lose at tennis. He played two matches yesterday and is very tired. Diddums. :roll: DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My most satisfying cleaning experience is seeing my cleaner do a good job of cleaning my house!! (naughty I know!!) :lol:
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I'd really like to try Bubba's method :D

Most satisfying is windows, I think. My goal 2 months ago was one a day, now it's one a week :roll: Oh, well!