Pain.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. May 2014, 11:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
I can cope with its physical manifestation but, out of the blue, I find myself confronting its emotional aspect.

It's far worse.

It arises from the NPower nonsense about which I've been posting on CC, but seeing as how that is supposed to be amore light-hearted forum this doesn't seem to fit that criteria. We can all moan about the conglomerates, yes? :wink: I cannot be light-hearted about this so crave your indulgence.

Today I received from NPower a cheque made payable to my late Ma. I also received copies from my lawyer of Ma's death certificate plus a cheque from the Inland Revenue refunding my overpayment of inheritance tax.

Mr DD is being very patient with his weeping heap of a wife. I'm off to watch London Grammar on catch-up: their music is so very apt. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    ((((()))))
    Numpty x
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    No words, just these ((((((((((((( ))))))))))))).

Deb x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So sorry, sometimes a cry is just what is needed. Not surprised it's all got on top of you, big organisations are so impersonal and insensitive. Just hope it gets sorted soon so that you can start to heal emotionally.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you everyone who replied, I appreciate your messages. This morning things are somewhat better and a sense of proportion has been determined. I think it was just the shock that, more than a year after her death, it is all now complete, done, finalised. There is nothing else to do (until NPower write to me demanding another £500 or so because once again they've mucked up their accounts :wink: ). DD
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Computers are good ,they give us this after all,But they are only as good as the people feeding the information,DD I am so sorry and angry on your behalf MArriannexx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Just a top up (((()))) hope things continue to get a bit better................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I have nothing to add to my comments on your CC thread except ((((())))) That was a very powerful emotional package for one day - indeed, one evening when our resources are virtually used up anyway. I am pleased today seems a little brighter.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    (((())))) from me, too, DD. Take care.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you - this morning I employed retail therapy as an aid to my emotional recovery :wink: and my masseuse has just been round to beat me up - my shoulders are a deal easier now, as is my neck, scalp and feet. I am oily. 8) DD