Arrogance? Egotism? Self-importance?

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 24. Sep 2014, 06:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm not sure which. I don't take offence easily but it infuriated me to read that a US rapper (whom I'd never heard of) insisted at a show in Australia that he wanted everyone standing before he'd begin his next number. "Unless you got a handicap pass and you get special parking," he added. It turned out that some of his fans did qualify for a "handicap pass" and, rather than being passed over, they were brought to the attention of the entire arena who urged the disabled fans to "stand up, stand up" as prompted by the star. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-29203790

It sounds horrifically like humiliation of the disabled as a form of entertainment, but I suspect it's merely a blend of supreme arrogance, culpable ignorance and stupidity. Who, on earth, does he think he is?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Huge ego, no common sense or common humanity. Appalling behaviour.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Well, I`ve never heard of this or read anything about it, but it`s absolutely appalling, and some sort of remonstration should be in order. Unbelievable.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    That ego must weigh him down..silly man..like you say who is he..
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    It was a horrible situation and he should be ashamed. Why do you have to stand up to enjoy music anyway? They'd paid their money same as everybody else.

He has received negative feedback and if anybody had any sense they'd boycott his music full stop.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Good ol' Kanye West! Insults disabled fans this time, I read about this and saw the video of it. I had to pick my jaw up of the floor! And someone in the audience shouts back at him 'they are disabled in wheelchairs!' And he had the nerve to not apologize and just carried on singing! And it wasn't till a paparazzi said 'are you going to apologize to the fan? ' that he said sorry! And the fan was more happy that Kanye West spoke to him! I think Kanye West should really think before engaging his mouth but I won't hold my breath.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    There are so many crazies around its hard to keep check of them.

From what I see in the press, Kanye West is married to one of the
    Kardashians who had his baby and called it North West.

Says it all really.

Disgusting though aiming at disabled people.

Kath
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Just plain mindless and dumb stupidity - his music is beyond awful too (and that was as politely as I could put it).
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    All I can say is anyone who thinks they are a God, calls his Album Yeezus then calls his child North West has an Ego the size of a hot air balloon!! The things he has done all get him press which is what he wants.