Alcura

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 11. Apr 2015, 07:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know others have had many problems with H@H but so far, I thought only good things about Alcura. Out of alcuriosity because I am still awaiting the enbrel delivery or even contact from them, I did a quick google which was revealing. It seems they moved premises last month and since then have had issues with their phone lines and IT. In turn this has caused chaos with a range of patients and medications. On this basis, and as I have waited quite patiently, I thought I would give them a call. They tried to tell me they hadn't received my script so I said that was odd because my nurse got in touch to expediate it this week so if they hadn't had it last week then surely they would have now because they would have queried her request and it would/ should now be with them. I then got a bit more bluster so I sweetly asked if I should call my hospital since maybe it is their fault and ask them to be more effective in getting the script to Alcura. Queue a different response - apparently the lovely chap is going to hunt down the script, find out a time scale and get back to me. I have a feeling I won't get the return call but at least I know now that I am dealing with chaos!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    H@H tried using the excuse that they hadn't received the script at the height of their problems. I know my own hospital threatened to take action about that.

I do hope you get your delivery without hassle. H@H have taken to phoning me twice in the 8 week cycle, in their efforts to prove they are operating efficiently.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh boy, this sounds so familiar, I've been fed a similar line by HaH. Alcura have always been better organised for me than HaH so don't give up hope yet, I'm sure this will be resolved sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I did get a call back and Alcura said they hadn't been sent a script so I have contacted the hospital. I called the advice line but the message said they were unlikely to respond for a few days which I do understand as it is weekend but it does all feel a little like I have just fallen at the final fence and that biologics really don't exist. Ah well, you never missed what you never had. I just don't understand how, if the hospital queried Alcura at the start of the week that didn't flag up the fact that no script had been raised.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Ooh, just spotted this update, LV...

Sounds like someone's feeding you porky-pies, I reckon :roll:

Toes still crossed for you, though :)

Have a good weekend,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    Just because the hospital say they are going to do something doesn't mean that by the end of clinic it's done. I learned that earlier this year, a panicky appointment at the hospital for bloods and a routine check, followed by 'I'll send in your humira script today,' followed three weeks later by 'It's done now.' :roll: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My mind was working on similar lines. Alcura aside, I found things started to go pear-shaped, communicationwise, once NHS 'desk people' became part-time workers. In my early arthritic years I knew the girl on the desk as well as I knew my consultant and, if messages didn't get passed on it was her responsibility – so they did. Once it got so that there was a different desk person every time, communication became haphazard. No-one could be blamed except, possibly, the poor computer.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Oops. I saw the title of this after looking at the Tripe therapy and my battered brain thought 'good grief that's a pretty hyperbolic name for a drug'....
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh!!! LV that is all you need, I am keeping everything crossed for you that they get this mess sorted out pronto and that it works for you. xx (for the girls XXXX)
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • ThamesValley
    ThamesValley Member Posts: 1
    Customer service is still dire. I'm on second delivery and neither has been a pleasant experience. Whatever the computer says goes! No concept of helping the end user. No one at the company takes any responsibility or appears prepared to listen to customer concerns or complaints. Whatever number you ring always ends up with 'customer service'. Try to go any further and the brick wall is built very quickly. Awful service. Tip: Make sure you ring them weeks before you are expecting a delivery, they might just have enough time to get their act together. Insist that the delivery driver rings you with a delivery time or else you will get an 'am' or 'pm' delivery slot.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Thames Valley,

Welcome to the AC Forums from the Mod team - we are here to help with any forum problems - the wonderful forum members are brilliantly equipped with help, advice, comfort and laughter to help you live with your condition/s.

Take care
    Mod Yx
  • dreamdaisy
    HaH appear to be sorted now, the only 'bother' I have with Alcura is the separate collection and delivery of sharps bins, most irksome. DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Keeping my fingers crossed that this all gets sorted out soon. It must be so frustrating for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich