It's my forum-versary; half a decade!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 27. Oct 2014, 04:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Tomorrow will mark 5 years since I joined Arthritis Care. :o If there are any members who are new to the world of arthritis, I want you to know this....life does go on. In the years since diagnosis, I have had a complete career change; I went back to college while working part-time, I went to university to complete a full-time degree with 2 placements and more recently, secured myself a permanent job. There have been fun times too; many theatre trips, meals out with friends, spa weekends, family time and so much more. It's cheesy to say that life has been a rollercoaster but is really has. The highs have been very high and as I rode the lows, I had the support of my fabulous AC forum friends. It seems a good time to say that I certainly couldn't have done it without you, thank you. Here's to the next 5 years....!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Happy fifth birthday, Sophie! :) it's been a pleasure making your cyber acquaintance and I hope you have as pleasant a day as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Happy Forum Birthday from me, too, Sophie :D I can truthfully say it's lovely having you here. Your positivity and determination are huge assets in themselves but, no matter how much the arthritis bites, you also manage to find time and empathy for others. I prescribe the glass and cake of your choice :P
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Happy five year anniversary, Sophie - here's to many more.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Happy forum birthday Sophie, yes, it is lovely to know such an inspirational young lady, you are so positive and take all the dross that life throws at you, I wish I had your positivity :oops: here's to more forum birthdays. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Happy Birthday/Anniversary Sophie.

Great positive message portrayed by yourself. I always say arthritis is part of me, not ALL of me. I suspect you also take this view.

All the best

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Happy forum-versary Sophie! Your quiet determination and ability to action and fight are truly remarkable. You've always made me feel less alone and more OK about things when you have replied to my posts. Your lateral thinking 'dis-eased' comment totally ended that one for me :D Most people without arthritis would struggle to do all you have done in the last five years. A really remarkable person just got her head down and did it...makes me think of the Edgar Guest poem 'Couldn't be done'.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter