I'm home from paradise!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 24. Nov 2014, 03:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm baaaaack and I had the most amazing holiday in Sharm El Sheikh. I had some amazing new adventures; I swam with dolphins, I went parasailing and I snorkeled in the red sea. :D

The weather was beautiful and I am slightly less pale than I was when I left. I know my RA meds make me sensitive to the sun and it was hot at 28+ degrees, so I was careful. Not careful enough unfortunately as on the morning of day 3, I ended up with an IV drip due to low blood pressure and general feelings of 'yuck'. The doctor was wonderful though and within 12 hours, I was back to my normal self.

The food was incredible, as evidenced by my waistline! I'm back on the wagon today. I chose the hotel because it was accessible and the staff were so kind and accommodating. They ran around after me, ensuring I had everything I needed and I didn't have to lift a finger, even though it's my legs that are the problem. :lol: The place was just so beautiful, very peaceful and relaxing. I felt like I was in paradise and my only complaint is that I should have booked for longer.

Back to work tomorrow to save up money for my next holiday!

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So glad to hear that apart from the IV thing you had such a great holiday. You really deserved it and it sounds as though you made the most of it.
    As you say back to work tomorrow and it sounds as though you are already planning your next adventure.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad you had a great holiday Sophie apart from your wee blip, you totally deserved it, let's hope your next adventure is even better. Xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Wow girl! When you go for it you really go for it I'm delighted you had such a great time. And now you know you can do it so start saving for the next :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great time, apart from the "blip," - glad you enjoyed it.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That sounds like much fun except for the drip. I love traveling and seeing new places and enjoying new cultures. Hope your next holiday is somewhere as good...welcome back, you've been missed.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    What was in that drip, I ask?
    Seriously, great to know you got away, had a great time and got home safely.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased that it all went so well (apart from when it didn't but at least that was quickly sorted out). Now, it's back to grim reality for both of us, Sophie - we came back from Yorkshire last Friday where I had ten days of no cooking, no cleaning, no ironing and only one blast of washing. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben