BACK FROM VISIT TO THE CONSULTANT

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 25. Nov 2014, 18:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,
Just back from the hospital.
Well quite a satisfactory appointment.

I had a cortisone injection 6 weeks ago and it was about that...to see if it had worked or not....I've had so many other injections that didn't work :(
My main problem was my left {fractured side} pelvic bone....If I put any pressure on it, it was agony. That is the favoured side for sleeping on and even if I managed to get to sleep on the other side I soon rolled over and woke up in agony....quite a few times in the night.
Since that injection.....first 3 weeks nothing!!! wonderful. Slept on that side every night.
Last 3 weeks.....still slept on that side and no pain but it was sore when I woke up....lasted for about 30/45 mins just like OA.
I told him in detail how it felt. He was pleased.....it had worked the way he hoped it would. He said come back in 6 weeks and he would do another one if it was necessary.......he didn't want to do too many with me having osteoporosis.....so I may not need it.{in 6 weeks anyway}
I mentioned that I was in the middle of acupuncture with the physio before my THR then this fracture happened and nothing more was done. He said make another appointment with Kristen and if I needed a referral he would do another one. {that's for my back.} So I've got that sorted.

The other thing I don't think I mentioned was I go to the Gym...Healthy Life......2 weeks ago around the top of the leg {left one} it was very painful and stayed like that for about 3 days......not the usual muscle pain.....where your body shouts....What are you doing to me :lol:
He said try it again but go slowly on it ....not fast....no medals for that.....if it gets sore again skip the next session and try again.......if it keeps happening stop that exercise but it shouldn't.....that should strengthen it.

I think that's about it......I'm sure your glad...... if you managed to get to the end of my ramble :lol:

Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That does sound like a more positive appointment, Hileena, it's about time you had one of those, yes? :wink: I suspect that it's not as positive as you might have wished but it would appear that you are doing all the right things so stick with the plan, girl, I reckon you're doing OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Yes its a lot more positive than I have had recently
    I'm happy with it

Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hi Hileena,

Glad the appointment went well - we all need a satisfactory outcome now and again!! At least he seems to have a plan sorted for you.

Tezz x
  • hileena111
    Hi Tezz

Thanks......yes its good to know something is happening....even if its only another appointment in 6 weeks time.....OA....we don't see them very often at all so that is good

As for the acupuncture......just a matter of him writing to Kristen and referring me again for acupuncture....then Kristen making an appointment.....so waiting for his appointment and also the 6 week one from Mr Asaad.....who is lovely......Frog {Toni} used to always refer to him as my lovely consultant. :lol:
    Mr Asaad usually comes into the room I'm waiting in to see him and calls me in by singing "Come on Eileen" :lol: for those of you that remember Dexies Midnight Runners :wink: He obviously does

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    About time you had a more positive appointment, glad there is a plan in place.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Hileena,

I'm pleased that you had a satisfactory appointment :)

It's good you've had some relief from the pain around your fracture and I hope your next injection will ease things again – if you need it this time. I hope acupuncture and the next session at the gym are useful too.

I wasn't aware of pop music until my mum and I started watching Top of the Pops in the late 80s, but I remember Dexys Midnight Runners from my dirty disco days :lol:

Love,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    Hi Slosh and Phee..
    Thanks for the support.

Well the acupuncture helped other times......once a week for 6 weeks was the length of time and then about a months break and another 6 weeks.
    I found that for the first 5 days I wasn't pain free {this is my back} but the pain was a lot less ...and the 2 days before I was due another lot it started to get sorer.
    I thought that was a result......I don't expect pain free.....just less pain :wink: So here's hoping it works the same this time when I get an appointment.
    Glad you remember Dexys Midnight Runners :lol: Its good to have a consultant with a sense of humour

Love hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Great news Hileena. Always good to get positive feedback from hospital appointments. Let's hope that the injections continue to give you some relief.
    Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    Hi Grace
    Thanks.....I'm glad he thinks that way......the fracture will never heal so lets hit the pain and see what we can do.
    Lets hope it works......I don't really want an other one as early as 6 weeks again but if needs be.....well!!!!!!

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sounds positive,onwards and upwards.(((()))) Mig
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Sounds like a positive appointment, Hileena. Fingers crossed that things continue to improve for you.

Meg.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Hooray, that was a good appointment, let's hope things continue to be good for you.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'll echo that :D You're clearing doing a lot right, Hileena. Why does that not surprise me :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Hileena
    i'm pleased you had a good appointment you needed that.
    what do you go on at the gym.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad you had a positive appointment Hileena lets hope for some more xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks once again for all your support

Joan you asked what I did at the gym.......this is a referral by the GP to a Healthy Life scheme.
    They started me on a bike {don't know the name :lol: } but its the one where your legs go and your arms go as well.
    Then onto the walker
    Then back on to a semi recumbent bike
    Then quite a few exercises standing and some stretches before leaving.
    I think I said I had a pain {3rd week I think?} around the top of my leg.
    Not arthritis pain, not an ache like muscles after you have been doing things you aren't used to.
    So I skipped a week and asked the consultant......He said the cycling movement should do any harm but TAKE IT EASY......no medals for going faster. :lol: Try it once more and if it hurts the same way skip the following week and try it again and if it hurts again that's it for that exercise......so I must pop in and speak to the trainers before Thur when I'm due to go again and see what they say. They are at the stage where they are making my exercises a bit harder {cardio work}
    Love
    Hileena