I'm wheezing.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. Nov 2014, 06:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's no big deal but I am, thanks (probably) to the mouldering piles of soggy leaves which are here, there and everywhere. :roll: I may also be at fault because I have been using my blue inhaler (the reliever) rather than the brown (the preventer) so will shape up for the next few days and do both.

I wonder if inhaled steroids will help the joints? Knowing my luck probably not! :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds a bit nasty, DD. Our youngest grandson has asthma, and I keep a written instruction on the fridge door as to which inhaler he gets first, blue or brown, as I seem to have a mental block when it comes to remembering it. Mind you, he knows - but I feel better with it written down.

Hope it clears up for you soon,

Tezz x
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Hi DD. I have been on inhaled steroids for nearly forty years, but I really have no idea whether or not my joints would be worse without them and will probably never find out. I am convinced, though, that they don't help weight control. (I could get really fed-up if I let myself think too much about things!).

I hope the wheezing eases very soon.

Susie
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs DD.Hope they don't make the wheezing worse. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry you're wheezing, DD, and, yes, do get on top of it straight away as the weather isn't going to improve for a while. The brown one regularly (I keep mine at the side of the bed for first thing in the morning and last thing at night) and the blue one as and when needed.

I've never found either they, or my nasal inhaler, make any difference to anything other than my breathing / sniffling but, though I take a minimal dose, they make all the difference in the world to them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, one and all, for your replies, I freely admit I have become very lax with my inhaler habit (and the tablet and stabbing habits too, I think I'm rebelling) so must tighten up on everything. :roll: I take the blue first to fully dilate the air sacs so that the brown will be better absorbed: I usually wake with a little wheeze so I was told to do it this way by my asthma nurse at the GPs. I'll go and do them now. Je suis une good girl! :wink: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It's the weather. I've just been down our High St and realised, with a shock :shock: , it's time I started carrying my blue inhaler round with me again. Normally I get by fine on the brown preventer so the blue one has been in the bedroom since the pollen season but I was amazed at how ropey I was out there. Breathing freely is a vastly underrated pleasure :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Hope that things soon improve for you, DD. Take care.

Meg
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope things are a wee bit better today DD (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    i'm sorry you have that too deal with as well. i hope it calms down soon.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    How are things today a bit better I hope . Mig
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hope you are a little better today DD.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    I am pleased to report that things are improving. I am doing both in the morning, which has helped, so now it's time to do both in the evening to bolster things a little further. It does remind me of the sheer terror of my childhood - I am very thankful for the special powders and liquids which are now easily to hand: when I was a child it was cough mixture (Actified Co. UGH) and suppositories :shock: :? yet still I wheezed. :roll: DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    i'm pleased you are improving i hope it stays that way.
    take care
    xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Just wanted to check in how you are doing too. Glad to hear the asthma is a little better.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'm glad things are on the improve DD. For some reason inhalers seem worse than pills and stabs, more time consuming maybe? I think the fungi were late this year and are now bursting forth with abundance, I wonder if they, rather than the leaves are the culprits to your wheeze. When I was little I was fortunate enough to have inhalers (rotahalors to begin with). I remember one in particular with dread - intal. Very powdery. I think I spent huge chunks of childhood plugged into a nebuliser but it worked and I learned to enjoy reading whilst waiting to breathe more easily!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad the asthma is improving (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles