prolotherapy and stem cell treatments

Options
stevew
stevew Member Posts: 25
edited 28. Dec 2014, 13:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All. happy new year to everyone.
Can anybody tell me if they have tried the latest cell treatments. they are currently being used on animals and could be a way of avoiding surgery if they work. I have tried MBST but to no avail and would steer others away from what I found to be a waste of time and money. I will not give up on the alternatives but could do with a bit of advice from either a doctor or others who have tried them.
Regards
SteveW

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't think anyone on here is doing such a thing but I do have a dim memory of someone taking past in some research into growing new cartilage. They haven't posted for at least a couple of years. I know of a woman who underwent stem cell transplants for leukaemia, it gave her an extra year of life but now she is fading fast.

We live in an age which demands we should be fixed. Maybe in 100 years' time it might be possible - arthritis is a complex disease, especially the auto-immune versions, and research is on-going but I for one won't be holding my breath (or parting with my hard-earned cash). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,410
    Options
    Wasn't it Sturge who tried the stem cells???

I think so.....

http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21712

Hope this is relevant SteveW

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry cant help, but I was reading all about stem cells ..and it does seem to be the way they will go..the trouble is it takes forever to get the go ahead.. :xmas_mad:
    Love
    Barbara