Busy day for NB &co

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 29. May 2015, 10:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI
I am sorry to be last minute but I have been really busy helping Dad with things, coping with stressed teenagers mid GCSE/A levels and work!!
My Dad has had his pot removed after 6 weeks post broken ankle, but it is still sore and weak. He is glad to be pot free though so he can shower etc!!
He has his next chemo this afternoon too. It seems to be going smoothly, but still a long way to go. He is trying to keep positive which helps me to be positive for him too.
I had my MRI a couple of weeks ago of my hips and got an appointment for mid June. But I rang the appointments people this morning to see if they had had any cancellations for today........and they had!! So I am going for my results this afternoon, and hopefully get some answers to my groin pain around my THR.
If anyone has a bit of spare time for pocket duties it would be much appreciated x
NB

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Im with you NB. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You can pop me in too
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Sounds like a lot of stress, no wonder your mind is spinning. I don't envy you having to live with a GCSE student and an A level one, you must be tearing your hair out! Good news that your dad is coping, it's not easy but he sounds like his emotional strength is keeping him going. I have to ask, are you Northern? I've only ever heard a cast being referred to a 'pot' up North. The first time I heard about it, I had no idea what that person meant! :lol: Anyway, I hope the appt went well. xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Sorry I'm late to this, NB. I've had a somewhat tricky day myself but I do hope all goes well for everyone concerned.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Nearly!

I hope the results indicate some thing that 'they' can help with :)

I also hope your Dad's chemo went ok yesterday and all kids are having less stress today. Exams will soon be over

Love

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope the results make things clearer for you, and something can be done to help.