Greetings

alumina
alumina Member Posts: 40
edited 29. Jun 2015, 04:36 in Say Hello Archive
For many years, I have had osteoarthritis and have a replacement hip with my lumbar and sacral spine now in the spotlight. The arthritis is just one part of me.

I am optimistic and get a lot of enjoyment out of life. However, being a realist, I am a pessimist about many things. I love cooking, computer games, reading and jigsaws. My hobbies are fairly stationary ones which suits my poor mobility.

Thank you for reading - if you did!
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
Margaret Mead

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I read and empathise. I have OA which was caused by my other arthritis and like you I too have fairly sedentary hobbies thanks to poor mobility: my toes, ankles and knees are badly affected, the hips no so much but I'm sure they will properly join in at some point. :wink: I hope you find the forum to be of interest, all of us are dealing with the disease and truly understand its impact on our lives. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Morning,
    Welcome to the forums....I have OA among other things. :wink:
    I've had 2 hip replacements. 2nd one didnt go so well and I am on crutches now, but most of the time I'm an optimist but am going through a pessimistic stage at the moment :roll:

Hope to see you around the boards

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello alumina and welcome from me too.

Like DD's, my OA came as a sort of BOGOFF, not that I actually paid for the RA in the first place :wink: I have two THRs and two TKRs but I must be many more years down the line than you are.

As my username implies, cricket is the love of my life – well, after Mr SW and my family :lol: – and, as I'm a Yorkie, I'm a happy bunny right now :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • alumina
    alumina Member Posts: 40
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. You are a very friendly bunch of people. 8)

Like hileena111, I have gone through optimistic stages and pessimistic stages with my arthritis. I find that when I deteriorate, I get down about it and then after a while, a new equilibrium establishes itself and I get optimistic again. Hope you soon bounce back hileena111.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead