It's six years yesterday since I left my job

Options
Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 9. Apr 2016, 03:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
My first thought when I woke up yesterday was it was the date six years ago that I went home unable to do my job. I guess it still bothers me. Back then I thought I'd be off work for a few weeks, ha! Little did I know what was coming and that my wrist pain was going to be only a small part.

I'm thinking of all of you today that are dealing with this. (((((())))))

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh honey. I am so sorry but understand how you feel. This damned disease takes so much and gives little in return, yes? ((( ))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thinking of you. I've ben thinking along similar lines to you as it's coming up for three years since I first went to my GP with a painful neck. So glad I didn't know what was to come, I remember being upset at being told it would take (a whole) 6 weeks to get better.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I still think back to when I worked a lot because it still upsets me that a illness could be so cruel. I miss doing my job. But the way I was released from my job was so nasty, by letter! And in a funny way karma came and turned it around as I read in the paper end of last year that the company had shut due to massive debt!! But I do still miss being a P.A.