Hi...my first time here

Options
Anny
Anny Member Posts: 13
edited 18. May 2016, 05:59 in Say Hello Archive
Hello to anyone reading this. I've had RA since 1997 and it's been more or less under control for a long time. Then 4 yrs ago i had both hips replaced. I had to stop Infliximab, which had been great, was affecting my LFTs. Am now on Humira. I was unable to continue working 6 mths ago, and now i feel really alone. My pain has got worse, I'm having constant flare ups. My husband has been good but he works long shifts. I know i have to go back to the Rheumatologist again.
Thank you for listening, i tried to keep it brief. It's just good to know there are people who will understand, i cry with frustration sometimes. I have to keep moving, i know. I walk our dog everyday...somehow lol. X

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Anny and welcome to the forum.

You're going through a tough patch. We all have them and there's no need to be apologetic about it all. It's the pain, the frustration, the uncertainty and the fear plus, sometimes, as with you, the disappointment that a working med has had to be abandoned.

I have RA too and a full set of replaced hips and knees. Sometimes the meds we take before an op just don't work afterwards. I'm lucky with my methotrexate. I seem able to stop and start it at will.

You say you 'have to go back to the rheumatologist' and, of course, you're right but I suspect your reluctance lies in a fear of maybe being taken off humira and entering another period of extreme flux. It might not be like that though. They might just add something to it. I take both meth and hydroxy and many others on here are on triple therapy.

Personally, I find when things are rough I become extremely indecisive. I just don't seem able to take a course of action that might help. I think the pain befuddles the brain. Don't be like me. Ring your rheumatology helpline for advice. And why not ring Arthritis Care's helpline for a chat too? And do keep talking to us. Support from those in the know really does make a difference.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Anny
    Anny Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you stickywicket and Sharon. I have called my Rheumatologist, the earliest they could fit me in is 26 May, but at least thats better than July. So that's a start.
    I will ring your helpline , i know i need that too. It's usually me who is counselling others ,( a friend is bi polar), and trying to be positive.

Thanks for being here, i wished I'd done this ages ago. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I hope you find the forum to be a positive thing. I began my troubles back in 1997 when I was 37, no-one knew then what was going on but in 2002 it became apparent that some kind of inflammatory arthritis was to blame. In 2006 that was narrowed down to psoriatic arthritis. For some time my life was devoted to rheumatology appointments and blood tests which was both frustrating and tiring.

Finding AC was a boon because none of my peers had similar troubles and (apart from one who is gamely trying to catch up with s slightly gammy knee) they still don't which is most irksome. :wink: It was here that I found a group of 'friends' who truly understood the difficulties and replied with understanding. I hope we will do the same for you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Anny wrote:
    Thank you stickywicket and Sharon. I have called my Rheumatologist, the earliest they could fit me in is 26 May, but at least thats better than July. So that's a start.
    I will ring your helpline , i know i need that too. It's usually me who is counselling others ,( a friend is bi polar), and trying to be positive.

Thanks for being here, i wished I'd done this ages ago. X

Well done, Anny. I'm sure these weren't easy decisions.

Sometimes we're the counsellor and sometimes we're the counselled. That's life. The trick is knowing when to switch.

I hope the appointment helps. Please let's know how you get on but, in the meantime, join in anywhere on here. We're a friendly bunch and newbies are always welcome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Anny and a warm welcome form me..we are hear to listen and support one another ..I do hope you can get that appointment very soon , and look forward to seeing you around the forum :)
    Love
    Barbara