Really, really enjoyed the...........

Options
theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 12. Aug 2016, 23:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
..............men's synchro diving tonight, but two questions:

1. Why do the divers wear such tiny trunks?

2. Why do they have such a small, handkerchief-sized towel for after their dive?

I'm not complaining about the trunks, but compared to the swimmers there is a huge difference so there must be a reason - easier for the judges to spot perfect alignment/technical merit?

As for the tiny towels - the bigger and fluffier the better : one of life's luxuries, a huge, soft, fluffy towel!!

Just wondering.........

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh same Theresa It was brilliant i was on the edge of my seat ..think there was just 3.4 points in it..now the trunks... :shock: I was thinking the same...great minds and all that.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    The tiny trunks are a bit of a puzzle. I thought men liked us to believe they required extra large :?

As for the towels – I hadn't noticed but, as they all make straight for the showers, I'd have thought all would need similar sized towels though, admittedly, divers are very soon back in the water.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    They hit the water at quite a speed so need to keep everything in one place also while they twist and somersault. I've read that smaller trunks are better for this purpose.
    I'm not sure about the towels but they usually only wipe their faces and hair after a dive. I'm sure they use ice fluffy towels after the competition.

I did notice they take the towels up onto the diving borad and then chuck them down for when they leave the pool after a dive so maybe carrying smaller towels and throwing them is easier .

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein