Uber gp's

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 21. Sep 2016, 10:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
I saw a short report that uber gp's appointments are to be wheeled out nationally after a trial in London. Costing between £50-£70 and to be carried out by gp's in their off duty hours, no appointments necessary.

I find it hard to believe that many doctors will have enough hours to do these extra hours,........ oh I see, cut their NHS hours to 40 (at £115,000 per annum) then do another 20 @£50 per hour (I'm sure they can offset the tax somewhere)? So NHS surgery appointments will be reduced, we'll all need to be seen and all of a sudden we have cash in our pockets to pay for medical attention? or am I seeing this wrongly?

Come on, who's winding me up?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You can certainly see what is on the horizon , it started with the dentist..I really do fear for the future of the NHS but Im afraid they want it gone ... :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Sorry, my maths wasn't very good there, should have been £50 every three minutes, well thats how long we usually get for an appointment?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I haven't seen this but when we were away I saw a telly ad for internet prescriptions. It ran along the lines of submit your request and the reason why the meds were needed, then one of their docs would have a look, consider and then let you know if the request was granted. I think that's a service I won't be using. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben