Eastenders episode 26/09/2016

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 29. Sep 2016, 05:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Did anyone else see EastEnders last night? In the episode Kim Fox got a letter telling her she had been given a fine for parking on double red lines. So she decided to nick her Sister-in-laws Blue Badge to use for parking!!
This story enraged me because in the episode it didn't mention you would get a fine if caught so really it's showing people if your not disabled you can just use a blue badge! As if it's not a nightmare anyway trying to find a disabled parking space!
I sent the BBC a tweet about how angry I am about that storyline. :x :x :x

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm hoping for a future episode where Kim gets her come uppance. :? :x

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Her husband made her give it back tonight in the market in front of everyone. Even found out she hadn't even past her test. Didn't seem if anything else will be done about it though.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Too right!!!

She didn't get away with it then. Other people's opinion of you is important so the character was shamed for the benefit of the viewing public.

GOOD!!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Glad they did an episode where Kim was made to admit she had nicked the and used the Blue Badge for convenience of parking in front of the busy market but I still believe she should have been caught by the police and fined to show what happens if you use one illegally. I'm glad so many people weren't happy about it like me!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    This storyline is synonomous with what is going on in our society, lawlessness that is now seen as part of our everyday lives and little backup from our government who allows it to happen.

See my post about takeaways.