R.I.P John Noakes

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 2. Jun 2017, 05:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Former Blue Peter presenter John Noakes has died at the age of 83.

Remember his famous "Get down Shep"

R.I.P John

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So many memories of watching him and his exploits on Blue Peter (I grew up watching that golden team of John Noakes, Peter Purves and Valerie Singleton/Leslie Judd) and then on Go With Noakes. Health and Safety was different in those days...remember him climbing up to the top of Nelson's Column?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He was my 'Golden Age' of BP presenters, Mondays and Thursdays are still my days of choice if something has to be done twice a week. I, however, preferred the silliness of Crackerjack. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    It's Friday, it's five to five, it's CRACKERJACK!

Loved it best when Leslie Crowther was the host
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    It's sad to think his last days were spent in the mists of dementia. When he went missing some months ago, then found in a pipe, or storm drain. Very scary time for his family. Also remember him breaking down on TV when he announced the death of his beloved Shep.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    "Get down Shep!!"

Gone, but not forgotten.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    bless ..they were saying that he was truly brave in real life and help a record for free fall for a novice...with his beloved Shep..
    Love
    Barbara