Turned a corner

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 10. Aug 2017, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
As many of you know I have been struggling to live/cope with my OA, and have on many occasions broken down in tears and had a feeling of hopelesness.

But recently I think I am coming to terms with my OA, and talking the first, tentative steps to full acceptance and not letting it win. The reasnn for this is one simple thing - getting a good nights sleep. I've been prescribed amitriptyline to help me at night get sleep, and it's been a godsend, I know get 7-8 hours sleep and wake up feeling refreshed, giving me more energy to cope during the day.

Yes I still get bad days like everyone else, and still on morphine patches and my TENS, and awaiting my referral for an arthroscopy, but my outlook is turning more positive, and I hope to remain like this.

I still have a long journey ahead of me, but with everyone's continuing support, I hope it will be a positive one.

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Alastair,I started on amtriptaline about 3 months ago just a low dose ,I can't believe how well it works for me I have 7/8 hours sleep a night.Long may it work for you.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That's great and thanks for posting a good luck story. Long may it continue.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    BIG yippee Alastair!!

I am so pleased for you :D:D

I always say pain is worse at night when everyone else is awake and that you can cope with most things after a good night's sleep!

Long may it continue!

Love

Toni xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Thanks for everyone's replies, I deserve some resbite after what i've been going through.
    Hoperfully this positive attitude will continue, I have found I am more able to get through the day at work better. Yes, I still feel totally worn out when I get home, but i'm able to get over it far sooner.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"