Motherhood and chronic illness

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 24. Aug 2017, 08:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
I wasn't quite sure where to post this. My daughter has just had an article published by "The Mighty" on being a mother to three young children while living with chronic disease ( ME and severe endometritis), I wanted to share because 1, I am a proud Mum, and 2, I thought it might be of interest to some on here as she also struggles with fatigue and pain.

https://themighty.com/2017/08/chronic-illness-summer-vacations-with-kids/
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• mouse2009
    mouse2009 Member Posts: 19
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Slosh wrote:
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this. My daughter has just had an article published by "The Mighty" on being a mother to three young children while living with chronic disease ( ME and severe endometritis), I wanted to share because 1, I am a proud Mum, and 2, I thought it might be of interest to some on here as she also struggles with fatigue and pain.

https://themighty.com/2017/08/chronic-illness-summer-vacations-with-kids/

Fabulous article! I also have a young family and two chronic conditions-life very tough but we are strong. Thank you for posting [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I wish I'd have read this when I was diagnosed in 1987, aged 36 with 5 kids and a part time job. I only had 2 life changing illnesses then, I have 7 now, plus cancer (in remission). Well done your daughter, no wonder you are proud. xx

sfl0 sfl0 sfl0

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I can see why you are so very proud, it's a very touching article. Thank you for sharing.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Fabulous article well-written and well-said :D

Go her Slosh!!

I would be proud too if she was one of my girls.

Thank you for posting :)

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Thanks Toni
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Crikey, that took me back many years! Yes, that was my solution too and it doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

(She's her mother's daughter, isn't she :D )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    She is! We have always been close but both having to live with chronic disease/illness has made us even closer.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    I have shown all your replies to Alice and she asked me to pass this message on to you.
    Thank you all for your support. Much love to you all, Alice
    Julian of Norwich